ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAMBELT PRICEs/FITTING ADVICE/MOT

Astra SRi T
Car:
clio 1.2 16v
51 reg
54000 miles

Ive been quoted £132 + vat (includes fitting )
and same garage £172+vat (includes fitting) but includes tensioners?!?!

My new car is arriving end of sept/1st week oct, so im not sure what to do:

A. just cambelt
B. cambelt and tensioners
C.nothing, leave it till px time.

thing is if it goes then there goes the £2k px price :S

any advice peoples :eek:

ooooooooooo also wheres that sticky about stuff to check for the MOT - thats due in 2 weeks too:rolleyes:

TeZ

Non RS : (
get all done cambelt and tensioners.... make sure the ppl have done one beofre lol can be done wrong. that seem awfully cheap as you have the face lift model?? the parts are more expensive than the older models.

Astra SRi T
I would just leave it but im gonna put another 2K miles on it before it goes, i dont want to temp fate.

If it were to go , what would the repercussions be for iccle clios engine and price to repair?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I would just leave it but im gonna put another 2K miles on it before it goes, i dont want to temp fate.

If it were to go , what would the repercussions be for iccle clios engine and price to repair?

is a gamble but if you dont get it done i'd drive a little light footed to be on the safe side

F82 M4
thats a good price mate. When mine snapped I had to fork out £750 for repairs. My fault for neglect