ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt, service&MOT £250.00

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
As above, I'm getting all 3 done this month, and I've got two mechanics in mind.

One quoted £250.00 and the other £420.00...

Massive differences. I know it's everywhere on here with sports etc get it done correctly.. But as I'm in a 1.2, is the £250.00 safe to do? I'd much rather that cost wise, and I don't want to get mugged off for money, but my cars very important to me..

(the larger price is a bigger service package too)

What do you think?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd stick to genuine renault parts for a cambelt and auxbelt kit if I were you mate.

As for who to do it, paying more doesnt mean a better job always.

Octavia VRS LE
do you know either garages? if so you will know if they are reliable? just ask around see if anyone has been to eiither and then you will get a picture of which one is best, a higher price doesnt always mean better

Seat Ibiza
Tell them the other price you have had see if they can come down a bit, but if you happy paying £420 and they do it a little cheaper then ideal.

If your worrying about the job they do before they have even touched it then I wouldn't bother.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
£180 for the cambelt

£110 for a service

£50 for a mot

=£340

£250 does sound cheap but £420 sounds too expensive to me

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's bound to be non genuine belt and no aux belt kit for 250 unless its being done practically for free.