ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cambelt tensioner? Should it move? (notches)

A45 AMG 406BHP
tensioner.jpg

Using matts pic(cheers) hope you dont mind!

On my cambelt- tensioned up, timing correct, horseshoe goes in with a little wiggle

My tensioner is is lined up with BC. belt tight!

But when i crank over by hand. it sometimes slightly moves eg B moves away from C

is this normal?

cheers

!

Lionel Richie
yep its constantly moving with the engine running, as long as it goes back to the markings at TDC then you'll be fine, just MAKE SURE if you fit an allen key in the allen slot on the tensioner is DOES NOT pass the exhaust stud

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
yep its constantly moving with the engine running, as long as it goes back to the markings at TDC then you'll be fine, just MAKE SURE if you fit an allen key in the allen slot on the tensioner is DOES NOT pass the exhaust stud

Lack of tension due to skimmed head etc you mean?

Lionel Richie
faulty cambelt kits chip, belts are a tiny bit out of spec IMO, Renault have released an updated version now (but kept it quiet as they always do!)

197/200/225 etc etc a lot have this random tap at idle = cam tensioner hitting its stops

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Interesting. Not heard about that.

Ive noticed the kits come with the bolt and spacer now to swap phase 1 and 2 belts over so it's one kit for both, ordered one for our phase 1 and one for our phase 2 and same kit arrived twice. Lol.