ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAMBER SETUP F+R WHAT ARE PEOPLE RUNNING ?

FF BG 182
just interested in what sort of Geometery setup people are running with atm really... i think im running -1.5deg camber on the fronts and about to order camber shims for rear what is best without destroying tyres etc please comment
thanks marcus

172 ph1
With Pzero Neros (comparable with other summer road tires such as Pilot Sport 3, etc) I've found -2.5 on the front and the standard -1.5 at the rear to be perfect at the 'Ring in terms of tire temperatures (outside, middle, inside, checked with temp probe).

This is dependant on the track you go to, if your track of choice has more corners and shorter straights you might need more camber. Also, if you go to a semi slick like R888 or Pilot Sport Cup then you'll need slightly more camber.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
You don't want to go more than -1 on the fronts if you are using it a lot on the road,standard rear set up is fine.If it is just for track then see above.

FF BG 182
ok thanks for the comments, going to go with -1.0 on the rear see how that goes then work from there really.
reagrds Marcus

Sorry to hijack thread but dnt want to start another thread on same subject.... I got my car corner weighted and they where setting camber at same time... But they have only put 0.75 on front and I didn't get shims on rear.. I have raceland coil overs from buying the car... The car does mainly track use they said that that was the maximum I could get... Is that right as you guys are saying you are setting a lot more than this.

Si

RS Clio 172
You need camber bolts for more. I'd buy better coilovers before you do that though.

I got some from kam raving but they said the wholes are to big and the bolt just spin... Yea I know i should get better suspension but cost of the kit and then getting the car corner weighted again.

Clio 172
Eh? If you bought them for Kam Racing then they should definitely fit.

I'm running near enough -2.7 deg camber at the front with +3.8 degrees castor and standard at the back (around -1.5 deg camber). Front is with AST tops and camber bolts

182cup & 172 racecar
We are now running
3.35 front
2.10 rear
2mm toe out on front
Standard on rear as the car became very unstable at high speed change of direction,it's just about right now.

2.2 bar shed.
Pics or it didn't happen.

I rock the Rover. Also, pics...

4564815321_1d957eea54_b.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
-2.8 front, with 1 toe out
-1.8 rear (standard)

Tyre wear is fine, but i really only drive it to/from trackdays on these tyres.

Same except for -2.3 on front.. a set of 15" PE2's lasted 10k without rotating front to back for reference..

220 Trophy
2.3 rear, 2.5 front, on 888's. Tried over 3 (3.5 i think it was) on the front but it understeared too much, its pretty perefct for me now.