ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Campus 16V

Campus 16V
Hello ClioSport!

Here is my current Clio project (Campus 1.2L 16V)

2m4rvb4.jpg

Modifications so far:

- 16" Fox Racing FX004 Alloys
- K-tec supersports recessed exhaust system
- 15MM spacers front and back
- Eibach Pro-kit springs (currently on standard shocks)
- RS Grill fitted
- 172 spoiler (campus ones looks awful)
- Light tints on boot and back quarter windows
- Universal induction kit, does the job..
- Team HEKO wind-deflectors (not sure about these?)
- Uprated headunit
- Uprated sub/amp
- Upgraded door speakers
- Bosch aero wipers front and back
- Skoda Fabia splitter
- Debadged Renault and Campus badges
- Sprayed front badge (Plastidip)
- Chrome indicators all round
- Diamond vision in dipped/main beam
- Cree LED sidelights
- Stubby Richbrook aerial
- Smoked lights
- PowerFlex exhaust bushes, to stop sag

Still to come:

- Fit Xenon projectors and ballasts (coming this week, cannot wait!)
- Black cup spoiler
- Source some cheap Coilovers (probably going to be technix)
- Look into getting rear arches rolled, I just know they will rub with Coilovers..
- Make a cut-out in bumper for the exhaust (have a single 182 surround which should fit nicely)
- Raise exhaust and get it sitting snug
- Code grey side strips
- Fit fogs (need to cut out fog surrounds to fit them)
- Get round the painting callipers
- Give the drums a good scrub, maybe a lick of black paint

2wcpok9.jpg

14c8zzq.jpg

2zeflh2.jpg

What do you think? Please bare in mind this is my first car and I've done pretty much everything myself!
All advice, recommendations and constructive criticism is very welcome. Thanks :)

Hi mate, not a massive an of the taillights. Apart from that it looks good and the plans sound good. Where about are you located?

Nice car, I'd colour code the side strips then run it to the ground and service it. Maybe a change in alloys but that my taste and it's your car [emoji4]

Mat.

Campus 16V
Nice car, I'd colour code the side strips then run it to the ground and service it. Maybe a change in alloys but that my taste and it's your car [emoji4]

Mat.
That's exactly what I intend on doing.. To be honest with you mate I regret buying them, paid way too much should have got turnis or RS alloys but hey it was my first mod and I should have thought it through more, lol.

Naivety gets us at the most of times haha. What offset the wheels? I'm ET23 with an 172 rear beam (extra 20mm track) and I had to roll my arches plus an incy bit of camber helps!

Campus 16V
Naivety gets us at the most of times haha. What offset the wheels? I'm ET23 with an 172 rear beam (extra 20mm track) and I had to roll my arches plus an incy bit of camber helps!
Haha, too right! Wheel offset means the width of the wheel, right? Yeah I was thinking about adding some shims too, but not any time soon. What camber degree are you using?

The offset is how far the wheel extends from the hub. The lower the further out the wheel sits. Only 1° shim with no spacers wide enough as it is. Very easy to fit if you have a half decent socket set E14 (female torx).

Campus 16V
Yeah think I get you, i'll measure it tomorrow if I get chance, thanks for explaining that :)
Can I add shims WITH spacers then or would you recommend scrapping them and just having 1° shims?

Campus 16V
Also forgot to mention none-sport skirts on the list. Really wanted to make it a sports rep but my registration plate is on my bumper so the back end wouldn't look right without fitting a new boot lid too, pretty gutting.

Yeah you can have spacers for the rear with shims built in. They're put behind the drum not like a wheel spacer. Offset will be hard to measure it should have the ET value stamped on the alloys.

Campus 16V
Yeah you can have spacers for the rear with shims built in. They're put behind the drum not like a wheel spacer. Offset will be hard to measure it should have the ET value stamped on the alloys.

Yeah I saw the spacers with added camber too.. Could always sell my rear ones I would probably get back what I paid for them :p
I'll have a look tomorrow for the stamp it's dark and cold haha!

I hadn't washed mine for 2 months before December, it was probably something to do with getting a Autoglym Kit for Christmas that made me eager:tongueout:
Lucky! I probably still wouldn't have lol, it'll start going pink soon. I just hate washing cars :(

Campus 16V
@AlexCarter That looks pearl mate, really nice!

I'll probably take it for a wash soon but I'm not washing it myself in this weather for it to get filthy again a few days later..

Campus 16V
Just ordered a set of Technix, should be here next week along with the projectors and xenons :)

Campus 16V
Ok so a few updates..

Managed to get my fog surrounds off and cut them through. Used a drill to cut holes around the edge, knocked them through and sanded the rest down. Also tinted the lights using yellow vinyl and a heatgun.

2015-01-05%2015.27.08_zpsf0nuepmr.jpg

2015-01-05%2015.27.40_zpsawjwzkaa.jpg

2015-01-05%2015.27.30_zpspsmgzik3.jpg

2015-01-05%2015.28.20_zpsvoxpjne1.jpg

Then I gave her a quick wash..

2015-01-05%2015.26.32_zpsp2ydaoor.jpg

Xenons will be with me Wednesday :smile:

Campus 16V
Ok, received the projectors this morning from @Kelv, very clean and very well packaged. Spent this morning fitting them, here's a quick before/after :)

2015-01-07%2014.12.35_zpsy8xqrt6u.jpg

2015-01-07%2014.12.52_zpsssnpe4al.jpg

The bulbs look to be 6000k, when they eventually stop working I'm going to replace them with 8000k mtec bulbs and put a H7 HID kit I have laying about (also 8000k) in the main beam. Here's another picture to show how they look outside, what do you think?

2015-01-07%2014.44.29_zpsgwamb53a.jpg

Campus 16V
Thanks for the replies, I'll take the sidelights out and see how it looks.. Coilovers and cup spoiler will be here next week. Desperately needs more lows :)

Campus 16V
Where do you live dude? If you need any help and it's not too far, give me a buzz!
I'm living in Lincoln at the minute mate, what about you? Didn't get chance to fit the technix today will try and get them on Monday, along with some pics :)