ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can Anybody Lend Me An Injector?

Clio 172
I've just pulled my 172 out of storage for the new motorsport year. It was running fine at first but it soon developed an intermittent misfire which is now a permanent misfire!

A friend has helped me pull the error code and it's indicating an open circuit on cylinder 3 injector. I'm getting power to the injector and the injector seems to be pulsing with a stethoscope held against it. So the injector seems to be working but there's clearly something wrong. I'll be changing the spark plugs to make sure the problem isn't there.

Time is now against me, my first Autosolo of the year isn't far away and I need to defend my Welsh and South West Championship titles! I need to determine what's wrong rapidly. Does anybody have a known good injector I could borrow before I splash out on a set of injectors? If I've had one injector fail then the others could follow, so I may as well replace them all. I'm in Maidenhead.

Has a anybody else experienced a similar problem with this error? Was it the injector?

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I recently had injector for cyl 3 fail aswell so I had a couple spare, just checked where you are and I won't be dropping it off haha could send you one if you wanted, I got a couple as spare as I missplaced the full spare set I bought

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Clio 172
I recently had injector for cyl 3 fail aswell so I had a couple spare, just checked where you are and I won't be dropping it off haha could send you one if you wanted, I got a couple as spare as I missplaced the full spare set I bought

Great thanks for the offer. Waiting for post/courier is my biggest enemy right now.
I'll see if any others pop up closer - I'd like to get an injector in asap to make sure that's the real problem.
If nothing appears then I'll give you my address.
Thanks again.

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
Great thanks for the offer. Waiting for post/courier is my biggest enemy right now.
I'll see if any others pop up closer - I'd like to get an injector in asap to make sure that's the real problem.
If nothing appears then I'll give you my address.
Thanks again.
Message me if you're having a hard time finding one, can always send it next day or somethin

Clio 172
For what they cost I'd be inclined to buy a new one.

Time is the issue. I can't obtain a new injector quickly enough as they all need to be posted. Eurocarparts don't have any in stock. I'd like to test this weekend, time until my first proper event is getting shorter.

I'm doing a 12 Car this evening (in my Rover) near St Albans, anybody local with an injector?

Clio 172
Thanks all, some used injectors obtained for further diagnosis. Time is my next obstacle, ideally I need to fix this in one session.

Clio 172
Resolved. It was the injector in cylinder 3, then the injector went down in 4 as well! Could the injectors be clogging where the car has been standing for two months? The two injectors nearest the fuel entry to the fuel rail have stopped working.

Still waiting for four new injectors plus I'll put some injector cleaner in the fuel.

Almost ready for the first Autosolo of the year at Kemble on 19th Feb.