ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone make sense of this insurance?

1.6 Ford Focus
Rightyo, it's time to renew my insurance again and after getting ripped off last year im going with Admiral this year as it seams to be the cheapest...

Here's where it doesn't make sense though... I am the main driver and I have added my dad and mum as named drivers and the best quote I have got is £1,089. Now heres the odd bit, my mum has been driving 15+ years so you would expect that to make a huge difference right? Wrong!

If I get a quote saying my mum has been driving 15+ years then my quote goes up to £1,269, yet if I change that to 14 years it goes back down to £1,089... What is the logic in that? Are they implying that my mum is overdue an accident or something?

Are there any cheaper ones around that don't imply such things? I tried all the direct line, elephant ect but they seam to refuse to insure me on a 1.2 STANDARD clio.

Fiesta ST-3
Funny elephant have refused you as Admiral/elephant/bell are all the same group. But i can't see the logic myself either.