ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can i expect a decent enough 172 for 2.5k?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hmm, the ph1's are getting to around that price now, you can pick up mint silver ones for £3500, so I'd expect an average one for £3000 and maybe a higher mileage one for less...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Maybe a high mileage mate, but thats not to say you wont get a well serviced looked after one for that money, mines is a 2001 "y" plate with 46k, got her for 3.8k (needed cambelt)

Good ones can be found for that money, but are few and far between. Budget for upto £3.5k and see what you can find.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Good ones can be found for that money, but are few and far between. Budget for upto £3.5k and see what you can find.

Best advice yet, to be honest mate you will probaly save yourself the hastle of parting with the extra 12-1400 to buy a "minter" as it were...

I bought mine for £3,800 as i said but i had to get the cambelt done which cost me £550:rolleyes:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
thanks guys, i dont mind a few niggles as i enjoy working on cars as most of you probably do.

i let you know how my search goes

I'd say up your budget too, so you have the pick of them, that way you can get the very best for your money. 2.5k as everyone has said is pushing it.

M2 Competition
Looked at one for £3k and have never seen such a pile of rubbish in my life. I guess prices have dropped a little now, but spend around £3.5-4 for a good one mate. These cars can swallow money if you dont buy a minter.

Riddz is selling his at the moment for £2450 and is a good spec b ut needs some tidying up. I would love to buy it but circumstances mean i cant.

It does indeed, CatCams 420's, Halfcage so can keep rear seats in, Momo steering wheel, custom cat back exhaust, decat, group N ecu, eibach pro-lines, I think thats the full spec and he wants £2450!

Bargain if you ask me, on its last legs if you ask my dad - He hasnt seen it but it must be on its last legs because its 8 years old and on 84k miles :rolleyes:

Lol, i've been in the car (when Tom owned it though) and I saw it recently. I did lol @ your old mans comments, so far from the truth (as you know)

Whats really annoying is I have talked to him about this change of cars a lot and he know that I intend it to be a project etc. he also knows that this car would save me about £2k in parts but you cant teach a retired dog new tricks :(

back on topic, OP buy Riddz car!

53 Clio's & counting
i bought mine for 2k last year with 98k and mines still going nicely (apart from my bloody engine mounts lol) so i would say yes you can find a good one,but choose very carefully

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
if ridz is still for sale when the cash comes (next week) i may have it gotta sell my vtr aswell but it will be priced to sell very quickly.

Honda & VW
when i was looking at getting a Mk1 172 i pretty much had the price of £3500 - £4000 in mind. unless i wanted a dog, but they still seemed to fetch £3000 or just below if high milers.