ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I get a decent 172 for around 2k?

I'm 18 atm and drive a Mk4 Golf Gt TDI, I love it but I need something fun!

My golf should be worth at least 2k, so is it possible to get a good example of a 172 for that price?

Cheers

172 Cup
Yeah you can get something decent'ish for 2k dude, if you could stretch to 2.5k that could make all the difference in the type of example you could buy though ;)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
£2.5k will get you a peach, if you can haggle, you'll get some change Back.

Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi m8t have a quick look at the cars for sale on this forum. Some really nice cars AND you no 99.9% of the time been looked after WELL..

Hope this helps

Chocolate Orange 172
I got mine for £1,600 with full service history, very clean inside and out so it is achievable! On the other had it was from a mate so he did give me quite abit of discount lol!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'll be 19 when I buy it, still around £1600 mind.

I'm not sure on Ph1, I think I'd end up making it look more and more like a Ph2. :rasp:

Buy a ph1, plonk a ph2 rear on it and ph2 dashboard= perfect clio.

Buy a ph1, plonk a ph2 rear on it and ph2 dashboard= perfect clio.

End up costing more than a Ph2!

I've got a 182 and I wouldn't mind a Mk4 GT Tdi...

I can't insure one til October mate, besides I've just spent a fair amount of the golf..

419660_3185364306419_1035094391_3142041_63908419_n.jpg

Good luck on insurance but as said, get a mint PH1.

Insurance is about £1600 on a 172. I'd much prefer a Ph2, maybe they will come down a bit by October.

I picked up my ph2 172 for £2k Matey

Yay, its doable! It looks very nice mate.

1eight2
Nice Golf, I wouldn't be looking to get rid of mine till then anyway. Let me know then if your interested.

£1600 insurance on a 172 when you're 18 doesn't sound right compared to most/all other peoples posts on the forum :eek: who is it with?

The quote was for when im 19 with 2yncb in October ha.

Nice Golf, I wouldn't be looking to get rid of mine till then anyway. Let me know then if your interested.

I'll keep it in mind dude.

mines for sale in the summer for around that price, and from what ive seen others go for yes you can.

Sounds good, excited now!