ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can i put cup susp.to mk1 172

hi.im gonna buy mk1 172 and i want to know if i can replace the old dampers with 172or182s cup dampers.is there a difference btw 172cup and 182cup dampers? i also want to buy eibach prokit.is it possible???

:)thank you.i thought about buying koni adjustable kit but their adjustment is so important in handling and its somehow difficult to make.then think of coilovers but they r very expensive.i think i m going to use prokits with stock dampers for sometime.maybe i should buy new tires like michelin pilot exalto2 for my purpose.

there is a difference between 172, 172 Cup and 182 dampers. The 182 doampers wont fit a 172 but 172 Cup dampers will fit any 172.

Cup dampers are better but there not worth upgrading to there are better aftermarket ones out there IMO.

thx tom and edde.are the koni s a good choice.but adjusting them for optimum handling is though i think.does the front and rear settings must be equal in stiffness when i want to make an adjustment??

Golf R/Leon FR

welcome to the club dude id go for some FKs or H&R coilovers.

badinvincible has just had them fitted!!!

thx u phoenixy.i asked for h&r coilovers,they told me that it will be better than stock as in handling and comfort?? i couldnt believe them.price is £750 for h&r coilovers.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 29 July 2005

there is a difference between 172, 172 Cup and 182 dampers. The 182 doampers wont fit a 172 but 172 Cup dampers will fit any 172.

Cup dampers are better but there not worth upgrading to there are better aftermarket ones out there IMO.
172 cup dampers are the same as the norm 172, its just the springs that are slightly stiffer.

For road use only, stock dampers and Eibach sportlines or prolines is very good. For track you need shocks and spring upgraded, coilovers are prob better if you want to fine tune your ride hight.

EVOgone.thank you for your reply.i want to buy coilover as soon as i have the money.but which one is better i couldnt decided yet.H&R is fine i thought but how about KWs.KW have 3 types of coilover kit.i like the variant 1.variant 2 is better of course and variant 3 is like a dream come true but needed to be adjusted for high and slow speed driving and perhaps i need to rob a bank for afford these kits. i wonder if someone using KW variant1 coilovers in this forum.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

The shockers are the same front and rear - its the springs that are different. They can easily be swapped over. What you need is someone that has lowered there cup and buy there old springs of them

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by Born2baRacer on 02 August 2005

no thx evogone.i ve prokits and i think they r better than cup springs.isnt it?
Also have Eibach Pro kit for sale too..! Yes it handles better, particularly for the road not so much the track.