ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I use this driveshaft?

LY 182
image.jpg
I recently purchased a N/S driveshaft from ALS Performance Parts which is supposedly from a 182 cup. However, I've noticed the ABS ring on the supplied shaft is too narrow. (Picture attached)

I've done some searching on the forum but can't seem to find a definitive answer. What is the difference between the standard 182 shaft and the cup shaft? Would putting the correct ABS ring on this shaft make it useable?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    958.1 KB · Views: 40
  dan's cast offs.
i've seen a few cars now running one of each width ring and have been fine. don't know if this is always the case though.

Clio 182
It it has more or less teeth abs light will come on, and mess up your speedo, replaced abs rings on my old 1.2, put some other clio rings on( old ones were too rusty to count) and i was doing 80mph following a car doing 30. And abs pump was spazing out having a buzz party under bonnet...