ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you improve my cleaning process!???

Mini Cooper
Here is the full process I use when detailing my Mini Cooper!!Alloys First (white):Clean wheels with warm soapy water, Clay wheels with Mergs Quik Detaler and Clay bar, Polish with Megs Deep Crystal Polish, Wax with Megs Next Gen Wax, Dress tyres with Megs Tyre Shine, I then: Shampoo Car with Megs Gold Class Conditioner Shampoo, Dry with Megs Water Magnet, Claybar whole car with Megs Quik Detailer, Dress all plastics with Autoglym bumper care, Wash Car again, Dry with Megs Water Magnet, Polish with Megs Deep Crystal Polish (applied with a damp polishing sponge then buffed off with megs microfibre cloth), Wax with Megs Next Gen Wax (applied with the supplied applicator pads, and buffed off with microfibre cloth), Polish windows with Autoglym Window Polish, Interior: Vacuum, Autoglym leather care on Interior, Vinyl care on dash, Wipe down sills with Water Magnet cloth, Is there anything in there you would replace with a better product, or any stage in there that you would remove or replace!! I want my car to have a really wet look shine, but this doesnt seem to work!! Advice much appreciated!! Thanks

there is nothing wrong with your process , the only improvement would be the type of materials you use .....

thus the argument begins on which stuff is best , but you pay for what you get

with the wheels mate, i would do as you say, clean, then clay every now and again, but would use the AG twins, super resin polish and then seal with extra gloss protection (some also like the poorboys/chemical guys wheel sealants)

other than that, as kully says, its a case of pricing.

Pm when you want that PCing

jamie

Mini Cooper
what do people think is better, megs deep crystal polish followed by megs next gen wax, or autoglym SRP followed by EGP for the bodywork!?? I want a really deep wet look shine!?

what do people think is better, megs deep crystal polish followed by megs next gen wax, or autoglym SRP followed by EGP for the bodywork!?? I want a really deep wet look shine!?

if you want a really wet shine then use megs crystal polish then use chemical guys butter wet wax. It gives the ultimate bling look!!!!

available from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk

only costs about 11 quid, but durability isnt great to be honest.

another alternaitive is p21s. lasts longer than butter wet but imo doesnt give as wet a shine

106 GTi
EGP contains Carnuba Wax, but as been says is a sealnst as it is a mix od ingredients.

SRP and EGP x 2 or 3 then topped with a decent pure carnuba wax. Much better then the Megs Stage 3 and NXT route.

106 GTi
If you want really deep wet shine ditch the Sealant and go for a decent glaze and carnuba combo. Wont last like a selant but will look better

Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze or Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, or maybe even Zymol HD Cleanse, topped with P21s, CG 50/50 or Swissvax Onyx.

Mini Cooper
i dont know where to buy these products!!where can i get:AG EGP- Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze- P21s- Any links????

Mito Sportiva 135
For ease of use, cost, durability and looks I would go for SRP, EGP then CG 50/50 wax.

From there you can look into different products but that's a very good place to start.