ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you run a clio without the back box

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

i was just wondering this as when i took my magnex off to go to its new home, i went to put the original one back on. Thing is i was missing the clamp that connects the centre section to the little elbow joint, that goes to the back box. As it was 7pm, i had no choice but to use a jubilee clip to hold the centre section up and run it without the back box till i could get the clamp. But my car sounds like a bloody V8 at idle and the minions of hell being unleashed at 4k RPM and above. But apart from using sh1t loads of fuel, is there any reason i cant keep things as they are? Ive got the clamp now, and was going to connect the elbow joint and leave it a that so i have a mount holding the system up. Sorry for the epic.

why not.....i like loud.
but the police can issue with some thing (forgot what it called, apart from a peice of paper) which says you have to get the car noise tested. but since its basically impossible to get a reliable reading due to conditions and the surroundings.....and most garages dont have the equipment...they say they cant...end of story.

well, thats what my mate said and he trains the MOT testers an likes.

Cheers for meeting yesterday mate. It was easy to spot you cause you could hear your exhaust a mile off! Wouldnt the drop in back pressure cause a loss of power though?

Rob

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

it is down on power for the first couple of thousand revs, but after 4k it whizzes right up to 7k sharpish, parking in bays is a bit harder too, i suppose it must what having a lightened fly wheel feels like. Was lofty pleased?

Yeah he was pretty chuffed with that exhaust. It was in top condition!

He did have to wait about 3 hours in Birmingham though cause of the traffic!

well pleased mate, thanks very much,

and thanks especialy to Rob for driving all the way down, in torrential rain and traffic jams,

thanks again lads

Coolspot, your car must be pretty low? to get the exhaust scraping! im really pleased mate, thanks very much

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

yeah, it is quite low, its a 35mm kit but it kind of dropped more than i expected. I only scraped the exhaust recently, arrrgh it was painful to hear, hence one of the reasons it had to go Off to Peco on thursday for a straight through centre section tho, so no more scraping for me