ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon 1000d or a 550d??

In certain modes, live view doesn't work. Such as on my 500d, you can't use live view when in "Auto" mode, but you can in M, Tv modes etc.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I have a 1000d in my hands right now and can 100% guarantee it has live view.

You have to enable it in the menu and then it is activated using the set button

Mk5 golf gti
How can 2 people who's job is to know these cameras say it hasnt

bad service that is, im going out tommorow afternoon so ill have another look at all 3

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They are retail mongs, not many people working in chain stores actually know much about the products.

Oil Burner
They are retail mongs, not many people working in chain stores actually know much about the products.

But not all.

There are good and bad ones. They cant be expected to know all of their products as in depth as to know how to turn on live view in an SLR.

I have owned 5 Canon SLR's 4 had live view and all 4 had different ways of turning it on, i doubt i would be able to turn on live view on a Nikon and i consider myself at least half knowledgeable in SLR's.

Rant over.

Buy the 550d. Its not that much more and by buying the best you wont be able to regret not buying the better one.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
But not all.

There are good and bad ones. They cant be expected to know all of their products as in depth as to know how to turn on live view in an SLR.

I have owned 5 Canon SLR's 4 had live view and all 4 had different ways of turning it on, i doubt i would be able to turn on live view on a Nikon and i consider myself at least half knowledgeable in SLR's.

Rant over.

Buy the 550d. Its not that much more and by buying the best you wont be able to regret not buying the better one.

I used to work at currys when i was at sixth form, and no one cared about the products or knew very much at all. It was understandable though really, with the amount of products they sell.

But a shop like jessops should really have staff that know the camera's imo, especially the features of one of the best selling dslr's in there.

Agree of the 550D though, great camera.

Oil Burner
Yup i'm also a previous retail mong. I knew nout about white good etc.. but i knew what i was talking about with cameras and tv's, but i still might not know the answer to the live view question if put on the spot.

I agree its a bit disappointing that jessops didn't know, but again, lots of products and probably staff with a fast turn over.