ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cant be overtaken by a Clio....

tiTTy & SV650
Went out for a drive tonight, all back roads, all national speed limit i.e 60.

Was following a jag s type on a twisty section, hanging right back, get to the start of a straight and I floor it and pull out and pass him with what would have been ease, but he floored it and blocked me, on the wrong side of the road with a bend ahead and a car I can see coming into it.

So I slowed down, kept the head and just pulled in in front of him as he eventually backed off a bit.

Then he drives all over my arse trying to intimidate me, didnt work... Then he overtook me and a slow moving car in front of me, I look at him, middle aged guy black hair glasses, total c**k. He didnt even look at me.

I pulled out and followed him for a bit, as he turned off I gave him some hand signals.

What a complete and utter tit, cant take it when a clio passes him? sad and very dangerous driving on his part, I have his registration number, who can trace an address? and how strong are sidewalls when exposed to small screwdrivers?

tiTTy & SV650
i meant the sidewalls lol

i wasnt driving particularly fast and certainly not offensively or aggressively, when someones doing 40 ish on a straight 60 ur gonna overtake them eh?

yep............but sounds as if he wanted to play really at that speed (40), thats why he floored it

tiTTy & SV650
yeah but i'd hardly call that playing... total tosser was just out for a wee drive and chatting to my mate and had some mid life crisis mobil in my way.

hehe................... didnt bargain on playin with a cliosport :eek: , that showed him whats what ....

tiTTy & SV650
i let him stay in front, would rather have a prat in front of me than on my tail. anyhoo proper road trip next week with lots of RS' to play with at least, now where's my new exhaust....

Astra SRi T
people do it all the time, i wana get one of those break light covers but have it saying 'wanker' wen i hit the break pedal lol

Clio Trophy
i had similar problem in mk with a jag also. overtook him on a dual road and this guy got pissed off and started driving agressively on my tail

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
Get yourself a little button that switches the brake lights on.
Get past him, let him up your arse (so to speek)
Then when he's playing big man showing you that you cant get away from him, give him the red lights !!!
This is obviously better the closer he is to you and the faster you're both going.
For best results you really want a car without ABS and pref when it's wet. Unfortunally all big "mid life crisis" style motors have ABS these days..
He's still going to wet him self even if he doesnt lock up !!!!!!

SPEED KILL

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a toyota carina do this 3 times the other night on the motorway!!! Complete t**t, the 3rd I just kept the boot in cos he was out for a crash I reckon

Nissan 350Z
I had a big Jag saloon right up my chuff once, and not only did I slightly pull away on the straights, but he was so determined to try and keep up that he tried going through the bendy bits just as quick as I was and nearly lost it several times.

Megane 225
People who drive like that always get what they deserve eventually, unfortunately usually taking someone elses car with him. Just relax safe in the knowledge it won't be your car. What a tit.

Yaris Hybrid
I don't think it is anything to do with the Clio. It is just people with a small p*nis who feel that everyone should form an orderly queue behind them and stay there.

I overtook a 1.1 Saxo that was doing 30 in a 60 limit once. I flew off into the distance at 60 and came to a 30 limit where I slowed down to 30. At that point the Saxo driver came flying up onto my rear and started trying to cut ahead of me in the traffic.

It was one of these d1ck head types trying to make a point that by overtaking him I didn't get any further down the road. In reality the reason why I didn't get any further down the road was because I was sticking to the speed limit whilst he must have been doing 40 to 50 in the 30 zone in order to catch up.

I generally don't bother overtaking on single carriageway in my car though as it doesn't really have the performance differentials to do it 100% safely if someone wants to be a c*ck and put their foot down. Instead I just sit there saving fuel.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
HAsn't anyone ever heard of the left foot on the brake whilst right foot is on throttle trick? If you do this when they come flying up on your arse, they get the brake lights flashed at them but you still pull away from them. Giving them the fright of their lives! Works wonders for arseholes in mercs and bmw's. ;) lol

Get this all the time you cleanly overtake someone or obliterate them off the lights and they then make it their mission to get past no matter how stupid or dangerous the move to do so. Pathetic. Normally young lads in kev'd up 1.0 or 1.2s or middle aged blokes in saloons or prestige cars.

I drive for my job and if i was to put up a post about every bad driver in my area i'd be here all day. it all seems to be the people in the jags, bmws, mercs and range rovers etc the kind of cars the police don't seem to bat an eyelid too!
if i've got somebody right up behind me i don't brake but slow down to about 5mph under the limit it winds them up even more!or put down the clutch and lift to select reverse seeing your reverse lights come on at 60 should get them to back off a bit!

I've found some people are like this on track days as well.

Even worse my cars a none RS which is even worse I think for annoying people.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL...To quote for F&TF

"I've seen the way you drive....You've got a heavy foot!" lol

E90
you should of seen schmachers face when i owned him, in my Cup, It was last seasons Ferrari to be fair, but i pulled about 3 car lengths on him.

where did this happen...

what was the reg/colour of the car...? i will see if i know it..

The best thing is when 1.2/1.4/1.0 anythings try for their life to catch up with you even when you just cruise by them...

this usually takes the form of very late braking at roundabouts...just to prove they can keep up with you...

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
love it when this sh*t happens. Put the fecker into ditch and then drive by laughing. :cool:

Dont need a button to put the brake lights on, just stamp on the brakes and look at the whites oh his eyes in the mirror. Or keep him on your tail until a corner, go round it quickly and watch as he hits the closest tree. wanker arse t**t face!!! Can't stand people that dont like being overtaken. Why fecking drive slowly??? buy a caravan why dont you and hold up every fecker!!!! tit.

and relax......

133/225/CLS AMG
Sadly, he'd have probably done it too anyone driving what he considered to be a 'lesser car'.

People are ignorant and thats why they drive the same way. He probably thinks that coz he paid a fair bit of money for his car that he has more right on the road.

He's probably narked coz he's got to go home to his ugly, frigid, unshaven wife who will hen peck him, then go to bed in her separate bedroom. Then he'll commence another lonely night of mast*rbating into large jars of self pity!!! (maybe)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
AlexJMills said:
Sadly, he'd have probably done it too anyone driving what he considered to be a 'lesser car'.

People are ignorant and thats why they drive the same way. He probably thinks that coz he paid a fair bit of money for his car that he has more right on the road.

He's probably narked coz he's got to go home to his ugly, frigid, unshaven wife who will hen peck him, then go to bed in her separate bedroom. Then he'll commence another lonely night of mast*rbating into large jars of self pity!!! (maybe)

hmmmm.... you seem to know too much about this guy???? do you have a jag? lol, kiddin :quiet:

AlexJMills said:

Fantastic..

btw, i got a 1975 landrover i drive sometimes....Top speed 55mph...

but i move in to let people by...!!!

honestly