ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't remove back seat?

The star'ish fixing that secures the back seats to the car is so tight i just can't turn it. I don't know what to use to get it out, i was very slightly getting it with an screwdriver that had an angled handle but it was so tight it just broke. The tip i have is one that goes into universal screwdrivers and the likes if you know what i mean.

Not sure what to do now, asked at 'Machine Mart' and they said there is nothing they do that will help me. The man at b&q said a wrench socket with the small fitting on that will accept the tip type.

Any ideas? :(

Called at Wilco Motosave just down the road from me for a set the same as the one you linked to. 6.99 so was quite happy. Not tried it yet as its pouring it down but it should be straight forward from here thanks!

They all seem pretty tight, the ISOfix bolt on one side actually snapped off!

thanks for that, Will try my best to be careful with it lol.

Now need to find out how to remove the seat covers. Have some 172 seats to put in but the clips are broke what holds the seatbelt and the seats currently in are fine. Saw a thread on here where some guys had swapped the covers over so there was actually no need to take the seats out but i can't see how it would work without ripping them.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
the back seats just lift out of that bit, no need to unbolt anything

No they don't there is a bolt.

Just did mine today, ended up having to cut the bolt with a hack saw, its very easy to round off the torx, I only got mine about 10 turns then it was fucked. Take your time with it. Lots of WD40. Screw it out a bit spray WD, then screw back in then out a bit further and more WD.... repeat. Worked perfect for me until I got impatient and I rounded it off!!!

1.2 clio
No they don't there is a bolt.

Just did mine today, ended up having to cut the bolt with a hack saw, its very easy to round off the torx, I only got mine about 10 turns then it was fucked. Take your time with it. Lots of WD40. Screw it out a bit spray WD, then screw back in then out a bit further and more WD.... repeat. Worked perfect for me until I got impatient and I rounded it off!!!

well they jst unbolt in mine. mst b a diff car

330Ci (Fail)Sport
There's two bolts, one to unscrew fully (has a torx T25 or T30 hole on top IIRC) and once (mine was gold in colour with another torx hole on top) that just needs to be loosened to slide the bracket out.

The one to unscrew on mine was fooked, so lots of WD40 and mole grips. Get the right angle, grip extra hard and work at it like a b**ch. Celebrate with a beer after.

VaVa
T40 iir for the black one in the middle. I didn't have to loosen the 'gold' one, seats just slipped out.

Was hard work.. got a sweat on taking mine out! Used a combiation of mole grips and a 3/8" drive ratchet. No hassle. But then I work in a place that has 30 year old machinery in it, so loosening stubborn bolts etc is part of the daily business. You get a feel for how hard you can pull on something.

Also.. f**k WD40.. Use Plusgas. Far better.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
well they jst unbolt in mine. mst b a diff car

You just said 3 posts ago they don't unbolt. Apparently you just lift them out????

Anyway as said careful with that torx bolt, mine was a biatch to get out just due to crud etc