ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cant remove brake dust!!!!

Audi S3 225
Hi, having a major probalem trying to remove the brake dust from 1 of my alloys, the rear caliper must be sticking cos theres way 2 much brake dust. Car hasnt been cleaned for 6 months which probably doesnt help!

I went and bought the best wheel cleaner i could find in halfords and a wheel scrubber. It cleaned the other alloys up awesome, but this one alloy the brake dust just wont budge.

any advice guys?

Allan

106 GTi
Worth stepping up to the bug guns in wheel acids if you have to, look into Wonder Wheels, not one I would normally recommend unless you really need it.

Also worth trying a claybar to see if that lifts it.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
like Rich said wonder wheels will probably shift it...but make sure you rinse the wheel with gallons of water.
That stuff is so Acidic.
Rich have you ever tried The pink MUC of stuff for stubborn stains??
I tend to use it mixed70 (muc off)-30 mix warm water.

106 GTi
Not one have used. I have some AG Clean wheels I use if I really have to.

AG Engine and Machine, APC or normally just car shampoo.

If you do go down the Wonder Wheels route chances are it will noticeably dull the finish so be prepared to repolish the wheels after.

megan R26.R number 006
give andrew a call at yozzasport he has got some wheel cleaner thats out of this world if it dosent shift it i would be very suprise as its a profesinal wheel cleaner

Audi S3 225
thx guys ill check the wonder wheels stuff out, i cant belive how thick it is, i cant even scratch it with my nails.

the alloys are standard s3 wheels, wot would you recommend to polish them?

thx

Allan

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Not be cleaned for six months, christ, not good!:eek:

I clean mine every three days. It has to be said I never encounter any stubborn brake dust whatsoever, wheels have covered nearly 30K though they look like they've covered 3K.:)

Audi S3 225
Not be cleaned for six months, christ, not good!:eek:

I clean mine every three days. It has to be said I never encounter any stubborn brake dust whatsoever, wheels have covered nearly 30K though they look like they've covered 3K.:)

its ever since i moved house, we used to have a drive way which could fit upto 8 cars, now.....we can fit 2!!! its just more hassle now trying to clean the car plus the weather has been so bad recently.

ive ordered some stuff just waiting on its arrival and gonna give it another all over clean!

Mito Sportiva 135
Mine is looking s**t right now, not been cleaned for several weeks and got a nice little dent to be removed. The wheels look s**t but I wiped my finger over one and all the s**t came straight off so should be fine when I get it home and give it some TLC. Its all about the protection.

106 GTi
Mine is looking s**t right now, not been cleaned for several weeks and got a nice little dent to be removed. The wheels look s**t but I wiped my finger over one and all the s**t came straight off so should be fine when I get it home and give it some TLC. Its all about the protection.

Slack Tom, very slack, students today, I used to love the chance to clean my 309 GTi everyday when I was a lazy dosser ...

Mito Sportiva 135
Haha...I was going to do it this week but with the dent there I don't want to look at it really as its something that is beyond the capabilities of a PC to fix lol!

The inside is mint though still...and my dad is sorting the repair out at work, top man!

Even though it is dirty it is all just surface stuff, will come off easy. I will need to re-polish the bonnet though after they have fixed it as noticed some slight marks where the gypo hand of the girl I took-down is on there. How inconsiderate of her!!!

EDIT: you cleaned your car EVERYDAY at uni?!? TOO MUCH FREE TIME MATE!!!

Last edited:
  2.0 Auris
Haha...I was going to do it this week but with the dent there I don't want to look at it really as its something that is beyond the capabilities of a PC to fix lol!

The inside is mint though still...and my dad is sorting the repair out at work, top man!

Even though it is dirty it is all just surface stuff, will come off easy. I will need to re-polish the bonnet though after they have fixed it as noticed some slight marks where the gypo hand of the girl I took-down is on there. How inconsiderate of her!!!

I used to wash my car 3 times a week:)

106 GTi

lol - in the first and second year most days - yes. At minimum I cleaned the wheels everyday as they had a polished bare metal lip, the only week I neglected them, they pitted !!!!

Mito Sportiva 135
Didn't people at uni think you were a little strange though!? I am just looking forward to getting the dent sorted now more than anything, makes me sad just thinking about it, keep going out to look at it when I am getting in the car to see if its got any better. Sadly not. Although my housemate claims she can't see it, it is clearly there :(.

I will try and get a decent write up when I am home and get it pimped again, as my usual before shots on the car don't show much contrast, they will this time!

106 GTi
Most people think I am strange Tom ! I am trying to keep the cleaning down at the moment due to the hottie over the road I like !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^ I'm sure its a very strong alkali being that its a degreaser but if m wrong ill hold my hands up

Fairy power spray for me , used it loads of times with no problems . And yes your right , it is an alkali ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Most people think I am strange Tom ! I am trying to keep the cleaning down at the moment due to the hottie over the road I like !

Yeah I know what you mean, a neighbour said at a christmas party her daughter fancied me and as she looked like Anjelina Jolie I was, to say the least, pretty excited. But she only ever saw me when I was cleaning my car and when I sent a Christmas card to her I made a remark about "I do other things except cleaning my car...." Anyway, now there is just an awkward moment any time she drives past my house (when I am probably cleaning a car of some sort).

And most my friends, familly and neighbours think I am pretty strange too, they think spending over an hour on a car is "crazy". Meh...it works for me.

106 GTi
lol - When I sent her a Valentines card I was sure she would know me as the car cleaning geek, luckily not hence whey I am keeping a low profile, though she came over to chat on Sunday when I was waxing the car and commented I was working hard and should do hers next ! SO maybe she knows really but is to kind to be harsh pmsl

Chelsea tractor
like Rich said wonder wheels will probably shift it...but make sure you rinse the wheel with gallons of water.
That stuff is so Acidic.
Rich have you ever tried The pink MUC of stuff for stubborn stains??
I tend to use it mixed70 (muc off)-30 mix warm water.
Muc-off is ok, you have to leave it on longer than it says though. I don't think it's that bad for the wheels either as it's an alkaline cleaner. At least it won't knacker the metal like acid could :)