ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing brake dust.

220 Trophy
What's the latest and best (cost not too important withoutgoing silly) at removing brake dust?

Since I've fitted PF07 pads to my Alcons the brake dust createdis ridiculous and dries on literally like mud to the wheels and is also abugger to get off the paintwork as well. I'm not a detailer so don't have a rotary so just ideally want a sprayor cream that if possible I can just apply and rub/brush/wash off. I use AG Custom Wheel Cleaner on my road carand it does the trick perfectly but hardly touches the dust created by thesePF07's. It's also been fine on other 'race'pad's dust but for some reason these PF07's create some hard-core dust. Thanks.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
IMAG1632_zps6ec1f722.gif

220 Trophy
That Iron-X is good stuff!!, the dust was so built up thoughthat I ended up using half a bottle just on two wheels!! (Will do the other twonext weekend.) Will buy a big bottle ofthe stuff next time to refill my small squirty bottle. I've noticed that the grooves in my discs arefull with dust as well, will this come out when driving or should I try and getit out with the edge of a screwdriver or something?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
That Iron-X is good stuff!!, the dust was so built up thoughthat I ended up using half a bottle just on two wheels!! (Will do the other twonext weekend.) Will buy a big bottle ofthe stuff next time to refill my small squirty bottle. I've noticed that the grooves in my discs arefull with dust as well, will this come out when driving or should I try and getit out with the edge of a screwdriver or something?

Id whip the wheels of and give the groves a clean out.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I fired some IronX on my wheels today, hardly had to clean them after I'd washed it off, mint stuff.

220 Trophy
My Alcons have PF07 pads in and although they are like hitting a brick wall the side effect is lots of dust and if its raining it dries like mud to the wheels, so like I said I used up half a bottle on two wheels alone!!!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Try sealing the wheels now and it should make it easier to remove the dust build up next time you clean them.