ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car back from renault

CTR EK9 turbo

After leaving my car with renault today to fix: gearbox, front passenger seat, engine mount, suspension creaks, clutch judder, engine idling/cutting out etc.

Anyway, went there and they hadnt fixed anything because they didnt think it had a warranty! - i bought an extended warranty a while back for £574 plan "3" which i thought was basically an extension of the existing 1 year warranty. The guy tells me that if they have to take the gear box out, (its crunching) the inspection wont be covered under warranty?

One major thing i was told is this: if your car has something replaced, like a gearbox (in my case) for instance during its normal Renault warranty then it wont have a years warranty as per normal work carried out, it will only have until the warranty on the car runs out!!!? So if your gearbox fails 2 days before your normal warranty and you get it replaced the day before (fat chance!) then your 2nd gearbox will only be covered for 1 day!- basically until your normal warranty runs out. BUT if you buy a new gear box on say a j-reg 16v it will be covered for a year!!!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Im very concerned, so basically all im going to say to them is, only fix stuff that doesnt cost me, and if it does i want a refund on my warranty!

Has anyone any thoughts!? just thought id warn you guys and gals about this "issue"!

B

Yeah that sound very odd doesnt it, i have a import 172 and and when i took it through to get some work done i got the "how are you going to pay for this sir?" and "well its not under warranty sir" rubbish of my local dealer!!:mad:

I had to have a small shouting match before REN UK would agreee to cover 60% of the total repair costs - however this still leaves me with bills running into £££ :cry:

Im trying to get my 3 years warranty of REN UK but as its starting to sound the warranty aint worth sh*t anyway

320d M Sport

reno always seem to move goalposts on Warranty. At the moment they are trying to do it so i loose some of my warranty if i claim in future! STAINS!!!!!!!! :mad:

I wonder if theres any 1 you can complain to renault customer services about??

Ive always found that by sending letters to them they take things a little more seriously but its a time consuming job....:(

Never the less perhaps RENAULT themselves would like to know how useless there UK customer services are :devilish: Does any1 speak french?? ;)

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Simon

Mate all parts replaced have got a warranty for 1 year !! Regardless of how old your cars warranty is !!

If they tell you anything else like that then its sh*te !!

By the way who sold you that warranty ??

Sounds like a job for RTE bob to answer !! Anyone heard from him lately ??

CTR EK9 turbo

Hi folks, thanks for the response.

I bought the warranty from none other than fantastic Renault! I asked them to just extend my current 1 years warranty to an extra 24 months. All was fine, big cheque handed over, smiles all round!

My gearbox was replaced under warranty around August time and my years warranty on the car ran out in october (a year from when i bought the car) So according to the service renault chap the new gearbox isnt covered under warranty, it was only covered until october!!!!? something to do with new car replaced to new kinda thing or something (or some other bullsh!t!scuse my French). Getting a bit worried now as it looks like its going to cost me a lot of money. The booklet that came with the plan 3 waranty ive got seems to be very impressive with what is covered. All cars up to 7 years and 70,000 miles - all mechanical etc etc.

Im wondering this: my passenger seat runner has failed (wont slide forward when the lever to allow access to rear passengers is pulled, it only tilts) and would that be a warranty item? - that is, a normal warranty item? the guy seemed to think it wont be!!? i know my cars done 28,000 miles but ive bought this extended warranty to the proviso that it would continue the (ill admit) pretty good warranty cover its had so far?

Sorry for my ranting, but im confused!

cheers for the advise guys

GR7

Shiny red R32

Keep at them and if poor response write to Auto Express Watchdog people as they get loads of things sorted for unhappy people. There were several more in todays issue where help wasnt forthcoming until Auto Express stepped in. Buy a copy or look in the newsagents and you will see what I am talking about - pages 68 and 69. They got compensation of £500 from BMW for an owners inconvenience plus money back from a greedy Jag dealers charge for an oil and filter change A WHOPPING £417 they charged instead of £217

Lionel Richie

£217 for an oil and filter??? is the filter made from 24ct gold???? £75 = 10L of mobil 1, and Benltys (6.75L engine twin turbo) dont even use that much!!!!!

CTR EK9 turbo

oh my god! some people should be not allowed to do business, talk about the Robin Hood syndrome.

Thanks for the advise GR, if it goes sour, ill use your tactics without doubt!

jus a q then guys, on my cup ive got a 3yr warranty yeah?! so if anything goes wrong with it before then theyll fix it i assume, but now that i think about it, when it was in the other day for the centre section of the exhaust, the guy looked my car up and murmoured, yeah its still within a year, so itll be on warranty. i didnt think anythin of it till now! what yas think?!?!

CTR EK9 turbo

you might want to get it checked that youve got a 3 year warranty and show them the documents that say you have etc.

All this aside. Its so dissapointing how all these NEW cars are having so many problems. I really cant believe it. Just reading dannyboys post, his cup is probably only about a year old if that and its needed a new centre section!? unbelieveable. My dads golf 1.8T was fine for 3 years up until he changed it. Only needed new tyres in 40,000 + miles.

Trophy

My mates in a similar situation to you Simon.

Hes got an ITR W reg 40k and the engine and gearbox blew up, after much arguing hes getting a new one fitted under warranty but the local Honda garage are having to build the engine from scratch and say that it wont have any warranty once he drives out the forecourt!!!
Theyve never even built an engine before let alone a Type-R:confused:

Mat.

RB5 & 172

i got my motor 2nd hand with nearly 2yrs warranty left. since ive had it i have had a damper replaced on warranty, wheel bearing again on warranty and a new zorst (4k rattle). this was not covered on warranty as it only had 1yrs cover, not to fussed on that though as it was an exuse to change it for a magnex.:)

i was told i would have to pay some towards the damper but after a few phone calls it was done for free.:D since then i use a different dealer (small one in rogate) and they are fine about any warranty job, no probs at all.

CTR EK9 turbo

probably. I was hoping that when things were replaced under warranty that theyd be covered by one years renault warrany from when they were fit. It seems people with warrantys are being penalised for having warranties!!!!!

CTR EK9 turbo

thats SMC in Peasmarsch or however you say it! theyve been pretty ok up to now, but lets hope it wont cost me anything. I think the guys just telling me the worst case scenario. He didnt even think it had a warranty - i only bought it like a month before from the guy on the desk behind him!!! (a worried) growl!

said it before will say it again. Reg Vardy Renault, Stoneygate (near Sunderland) have been superb every time I have spoken to/used their services. All I need now is a good Renault bodyshop (CAN NO ONE GARAUNTEE A MATCH ON COLOUR CODING!!!!:mad:)

GR7

Shiny red R32

ALL NORMAL BODYSHOP/COACHBUILDER CAN MATCH ANY COLOUR OF PAINT BY CHECKING OUT THE PAINT CODE UNDERNEATH THE BONNET.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 29 April 2003

probably. I was hoping that when things were replaced under warranty that theyd be covered by one years renault warrany from when they were fit. It seems people with warranties are being penalised for having warranties!!!!!
Very often these so-called "warranties" arent worth the paper they are printed on (according to some dealers) as they mostly seem to have some sort of excuse as to why your particular warranty doesnt seem to cover that particular job

:cry:

CTR EK9 turbo

oh no - i hope this isnt the case with mine. Knowing my luck it probably will be :(...... I do feel like its going to be costing me a lot of ££££££. If the "warranty" wont cover these non-perishable items, im going to ask for a refund of the warranty i bought from Renault! so there!

320d M Sport

persishables-exhaust etc is covered by 1 yr warranty. if u are late on a service (they allow 1000 miles) then u loose a percentage of warranty (depending on job). i could go on about all my warranty issues but the simple fact is that due to conflicting info, no-one at reno knows their arse from their elbow unless they own that particular model! useless

GR, if bodyshops can match the paint by checking the colour code on the car how come RENAULT couldnt paint the car one fecking matching colour the 1st time (IE when it was built!) Not one bodyshop will garauntee me a perfect paint match, all using the "its impossible to match spot on cos we will be painting platic" Strange how they cant tell me how the wings (plastic) match the rest of the car!

Rant over.

hope your warranty is sorted out