ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car been vandalised. Urgh.

So moved house roughly a month ago. Car is parked on road outside.
Friday morning come out to got to work to see this:
IMG-20150904-WA0003_zpsovnyalee.jpg

Someone decided to properly rip my mirror off (this is pavement side). Fair enough, very annoying but not expensive to get a replacement so I could deal with that.
However went to look at my car today, and found someone has decided this wasn't enough and has actually booted in the rear quarter:

IMG_20150905_192320_zpsrmwmoel8.jpg

Very pissed off, I've no idea why someone would do this. The area isn't the nicest but still?
I probably should've moved it after the first incident but wasn't really thinking.
There is a cctv camera on the road, so I think I'm going to report it to the police as it was not just a one off event.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Do you have a loud exhaust?

The rear quarter damage is the sort of thing people to to send a car to the scrapper, or get rid of your car from their lives..

Your car must stand out to someone for some reason, even if it's because they want it and can't have it.

Mk1 1.8 16V Turbo
Yep you must have pi##ed someone off, happened to us a couple of times with my misses golf, put cctv up and caught the idiot next door doing it..... Reported to the police they paid a visit and it stopped ... Turned out he didn't like me as I got up to got work at six every morning, he doesn't have a job and is a lazy lay about

Do you have a loud exhaust?

The rear quarter damage is the sort of thing people to to send a car to the scrapper, or get rid of your car from their lives..

Your car must stand out to someone for some reason, even if it's because they want it and can't have it.
Thing is its a student area so I don't really have proper neighbours as such to piss off, next door is a corner shop, and the other side are all empty as far as I can tell until uni starts again.
There's always dodgy people about, I think there's a homeless shelter or something down the road, I see more people with cans of special brew walking past than without.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Yep,, parking over people's driveways, parking outside other people's houses, noisy cars, noisy kids, having a face that doesn't fit..

All reasons why you cars get done in...

It's kinda like murder, it's always something close to the victim.

My suspicion is that its some of the less desirable locals taking a dislike like you say because it stands out and isn't your usual astra etc that are parked down the road also.

There's a police CCTV camera that looks down the road, it is one of the swivel ones so I guess I can only report it to them and hope they make the effort to go through it and see if they can see who's doing it.
Trouble is it's happened both times over night so would've been dark

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I had my daily scratched a few times, wing mirror pushed forward/back and unknown stains smeared across the side. Didn't look intentional but it was quite clearly done by pedestrians due to the side it was on. Borrowed a friends helmet cam and wired it to an old motion sensor and added a microphone.

Two days later I have footage of middleaged mother having a rant at my car (with audio) because it's mounted on the pavement and there's not enough room for her push chair (even though her husband can be seen walking next to it without obstruction). She then pushes the chair accross the car door and turns back to push the mirror round. Apparently the police had her in tears when they found her home address.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Moral of the story get a proper security cam set up if you live in a rough area. I shelled out £189 for a proper one after the makeshift worked so well

No way mate! Is this the one I usually go past parked outside in Nottingham? Car was and still is mint. Dent should pop out? Seen some crazy videos on YouTube proper dent man getting rid of some would be impossible tasks.

If it is outside the Notts area then sadly I have to agree the area there is a .. I'll say it nicely. Mess.

RB Clio 182
No way mate! Is this the one I usually go past parked outside in Nottingham? Car was and still is mint. Dent should pop out? Seen some crazy videos on YouTube proper dent man getting rid of some would be impossible tasks.

If it is outside the Notts area then sadly I have to agree the area there is a .. I'll say it nicely. Mess.

You sound dodgy..

I'm a student having gone back to get my degree, so no point setting up cctv as it's a student house and I'm only here for my final year. It's just a s**t hole of an area.

Do we think the dent can be pushed out from the inside?

You sound dodgy..

Haha nothing dodgy! I've always lived in nottingham, born here. when coming back from the city centre I go down the same route to get home. Seen this car on that route, put it on a spotted thread. Looks awesome being the only racing blue I've ever seen :cool:

But just saying if it was outside that area then .. place has always been an avoided area. We lived just down the road in Basford and in the mid 90s my brothers pride and joy car got all the alloys snatched and left dropped, windows smashed in and a crowbar left in the bonnet .. In the 90s! Long moved away now to the outskirts/country lol.

As for the dent I'm no pro or know much but defo looks like it can be moved back. Even get in from the little holes from under the rear side strip clips into maybe?

RB Clio 182
Haha nothing dodgy! I've always lived in nottingham, born here. when coming back from the city centre I go down the same route to get home. Seen this car on that route, put it on a spotted thread. Looks awesome being the only racing blue I've ever seen :cool:

But just saying if it was outside that area then .. place has always been an avoided area. We lived just down the road in Basford and in the mid 90s my brothers pride and joy car got all the alloys snatched and left dropped, windows smashed in and a crowbar left in the bonnet .. In the 90s! Long moved away now to the outskirts/country lol.

As for the dent I'm no pro or know much but defo looks like it can be moved back. Even get in from the little holes from under the rear side strip clips into maybe?

You sound even dodgier.

You sound even dodgier.

I'll have to live with that then. Be the resident dodgy man on CS and only pop up on Vandalism threads like "I know that area.. It sucks! :smirk:"

I'll stop taking this thread off topic with my dodgyness and be dodgy elsewhere.

But seriously, keep us updated on what happens! and take me off your list of suspects plz.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
15000000% stick a camera in the car, on motion record. Or have one poking out your window looking at said car.

Mobius is tiny enough to be concealed (have it down low, looking slightly up), and in the configuration app you can set it to record with the indicator light off.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I'm so angry for you. Actually fuming. How can someone think they can do this and get away with it. I'd be waiting for them to do it again and see red.

Currently he has....

Should someone get caught kicking it in again, you can only give them a kicking for the current one, not the previous due to no proof...

Should he admit the first offence, he should bite the kerb.....

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As you've got nothing to lose, try heating up the dent then rapidly cooling it? (If cooling it doesn't work, give it a tap from behind)

Hairdryer or heat gun to warm it up then get a can of compressed air to spray on it to shock it back into place.

If the compressed air doesn't work, have the insid trim panel off in advance and get someone to give it a lightish knock from the inside.

Worst case scenario is that it doesn't work and you get a dent man.

A lad at work did it to his girlfriends clio, albeit on a plastic bumper, but it could work.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That won't 'pop out' it will just look worse.

The crease marks top and bottom will see to that.

Titanium 182
Really feel for you mate, it would be nice if the CCTV returned something useful but then even if it did, it'll probably just be some scrote with no money

BG 182
So sorry to hear about this my whole passenger side got keyed in my vxr last year along with about 20 cars in my area turned out to be a 17 year old who got drunk police wouldn't release his name because would apparently affect his future job prospects and got a £80 fine absolute joke

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
So sorry to hear about this my whole passenger side got keyed in my vxr last year along with about 20 cars in my area turned out to be a 17 year old who got drunk police wouldn't release his name because would apparently affect his future job prospects and got a £80 fine absolute joke
Don't let it affect his job chances...just badly injure him and affect his chances of ever doing it again to yours or someone else's car.

Better still...got a bloody big dog who comes to Windows and snarls at people walking past car. My old dog used to do that. Unfortunately my current dog is a f**k nugget who wouldn't have a clue what to do if he had full instructions!