ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car magazine Car of The Year

Trophy timed around Silverstone at 1:14.8 in the January edition of Car. "the Clio is still the best hot hatch you can buy and still one of the most rewarding cars - regardless of price - you can hope to drive down your favourite road"

=10th M5 1:10.4
=10th Evo IX 1:10.4
12th M3 CS 1:10.74
13th VXR 1:14.6
14th Trophy 1:14.8
15th Golf GTi 1:15.4
16th Fiesta ST 1:17.06

still, fantastic effort from the fiesta st, to be only 2.26 seconds behind, yet the clio has a fantastic suspension set-up and 32hp more it's a great time for the trophy, and proof that smaller hot hatches are still quicker and nimbler than their bigger brothers, i just can't help but think that time should have been that little bit quicker

Bryan said:
still, fantastic effort from the fiesta st, to be only 2.26 seconds behind, yet the clio has a fantastic suspension set-up and 32hp more it's a great time for the trophy, and proof that smaller hot hatches are still quicker and nimbler than their bigger brothers, i just can't help but think that time should have been that little bit quicker

Look at the territory its in though, firmly in the £18-20k "new-wave" of hot hatches like the Golf and VXR, its punching well above its weight as usual, especially considering the engine hasn't changed for years now.

Racin Blue 182
Out of interest, was it the Astra VXR or the Monaro VXR? It's just that the Clio Trophy has usually been faster in tests i've seen vs the Astra VXR.....

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Good stuff, though I wonder how much quicker the Trophy is over a Cup. Nice to see our cars doing so well.

Cheers, Rob669

Renaultsport Clio 182
Nice one. I'm a little shocked though by the Fiesta ST, considering the Trophy has 35bhp/ton more than it and superior suspension, I would have thought the gap would have been more...?