ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car needs 12k service, any recommended places in north west?

VRS
as above, the 182 will be going for its 12k service v.soon. has any1 had a service in the north west at a good price? generally interested in dealers which offer a good price for a good service!

also any horry story dealers in the north west which i should avoid?

cheers
andy

The cheapest I've found is Lewis Read in Liverpool and Birkenhead plus you get a courtesy car but there no good as a service or warently department.
Chester is the best dealership I've found for warently work though and I trust them when they say they've serviced the car. (I'm cheap and got another 2 yrs warently so I'm not bothered about Lewis Read servicing the car).

Clio Cup - Yamaha R6
I use Sunwin Renault on the docks at preston.
Dont know how they compair price wise but they seem Ok.
Also had courtisy cars and loads of warrenty work done no questions asked.

ATS

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
don't use Renault Liverpool, i had mine serviced there twice previously, and have since discovered that they hadn't replaced parts they said that had (and charged for)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Arnold Calrk St Helens & warrington Decent price and service by renault standards.
Do not touch Wigan. Really bad!!

clio 182 black /gold
adtmits said:
Arnold Calrk St Helens & warrington Decent price and service by renault standards.
Do not touch Wigan. Really bad!!
I was going to say arnold clark wigan give them a wide birth

Frp powered Zs
RALLYPUG said:
Renault Manchester were very good....apart from that f****** knocking noise b****** thing!

How r they on warrenty work, i bought my cup from there and its going in nxt wk for squeaky suspention!

Shhh
Lookers Chester
Speed Six Wrexham

Both good dealers, just give ensure you get a price match with them. I used Lookers Chester Renault prices on Reg Vardy Renault as they were about £40 cheaper..

Ford Fiesta
if u fancy a drive out, Renault Skipton is best Ive found. Won all the renault awards for customer service too, and they do what is suppose to be done at the 12k service.
Mention cliosport if you book in with them.

Shhh
Problem with a drive out is that if they spot anything wrong with the car, like my shock was leaking, you cant drive the car back, and if they dont have a car for you your stuck.

My old clio had a leaking water pump which was changed on the service..

320d M Sport
DONT go near Renault Altrincham either, they're terrible and it'll come back with summat else broke!

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
I bought my 182 cup from Arnold Clarke in Wigan... It's still about 7k off needing its first service but where to take it for the first service... If the sales service is anything to judge by I certainly wont be going there for the service ...ATS.. You reccomeneded Sunwin at Preston... How much did they charge you for a service? & how confident where you that they had done a correct & proper job...?...Also, has anybody tried Clock Renault garage in Chorley?

Ad

MK2 FRS
Bit unsure about clock as there a tiny dealership and certainly wont be servicing many RS's as they cant sell them.

For balance of price and service try warrington arnold clark.

Sales terrible at wigan, but service even worse!! Though there getting a new showroom and I know theres new managers in place as my mate has started working there.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
paddymph said:
DONT go near Renault Altrincham either, they're terrible and it'll come back with summat else broke!

Paddy, you'll probably be glad to hear that the bodyshop they had round the back of the Looker's garage has now gone!!!!

I use William A Lewis in Telford...they're 100 times better than Looker's in Stockport where I used to go!!!

Peugeot 207 GT THP
I guess it depends whereabouts in the North West you are really. Before I bought mine I phoned a few dealers around the Manchester area to get an idea of running costs. I phoned Renault Manchester and the Renault main dealers in Bury, Altrincham and Bolton. The cheapest of the lot for the 12k service was the dealer in Bury. Can't remember the price now though.