ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car randomly cut out

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
on the way home from boro in the ph1 172 it randomly cut out. The car randomly cut out while changing from 3rd to 4th gear. One thing i did notice was that the trip computer had reset.

Obviously i cant provide much details as i havent looked at it myself yet.

but what should i be looking out for tomorrow when i start investigating? its had a new coilpack/TDC sensor/leads about 2 months ago so possibly just a fuse?

ta
carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i havent tried anything yet mate, just towed it to the workshop and left it lol

f**ked ph1 172
assuming it sounds like its got compression? i.e not cambelt failure.

when you said it cut out i thought you meant it restarted, but trip had reset and now wont start.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i havent tried anything yet mate, if its a cambelt failure i will be on the phone to Angelworks first thing monday as it was only done 11 months ago.

I was driving along went from 3rd to 4th during the gear change the engine cut out and loads of lights came on the dash. Went to start it and it just turns over. I just so happen to notice that the trip computer had reset (may not be relevent). No noises or anything when it cut out, just felt like someone had pulled the key out.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
good old french wiring. Kept blowing fuel pump fuse but now sorted :D

time to advance ;)