ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car smells of petrol and wont start!

Megane RS 250
Hiya, well i used the car to get to work this morning and everything was fine got in it to come home in got to the end of my work road after i came out my industrial estate and then i heard spulttering noise and thought it was the car in front so i turned my stereo off and went over the speed bump and then it stalled and ever since wont start :mad: I managed to push it back with help to my work to have a look at it and under the bonnet it stinks of fuel, and i changed the TDC sensor and still no joy. I checked the fuses and nothing wrong there i took the spark plugs out and they were covered in fuel and my oil dipstick smells of fuel aswell. I tried a Diagnostic on it and it came up with no faults so we are really confused and hope it aint anything major!! Any advice?

Mondeo TDCI 130
The plastic fuel pipe hasn't come off has it? sure you would of seen petrol though! its on the left of the fuel rail guard! Just clips on!

Megane RS 250
There isnt any leaks but when you turn it over it really really stinks of fuel?? Which is confusing as it smells under the bonnet but no leaks ?!?!

330i. E30 Touring.
There is a leak.

Mine split on the left hand side of the fuel rail.

It runs down the side of the engine, and clips on under the drivers footwell!

£40 from renault, although a member on here djroberts, maybe, Pm'd me to say he had a new unused on in his garage he only wanted £25 for! I'd already bought one, unfortunately.