ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car warranty!?

Clio 172
Is anyone paying for a warranty for there car!?.
i've seen a few tv adds about them but what's the catch ?.
It sounds too good to be true that you can just take your car to the garage and they pay for all the worn down parts, right down to the engine. But what's the catch for only £30 a months!!!?.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The catch is, they don't cover everything. They'll fob you off and tell you it's fair wear and tear.

There will be stories of people who have come out on top with regards to warranty cost/total payout ratios but for 90% of people, the warranty company will take more from you than they'll pay you out. They're a business out to make money at the end of the day.

Clio 172
Thought so. Was thinking I could just get it for a month as I've got all kinds of knocking and creaks on the car, surely they should pay out for corroded break discs and new pads you think ?.

Clio 182
They're rubbish, i got free cover from 2nd hand dealer when i got my 182. After looking on forum after I bought the car i realised my dephaser was knocking, so contacted them (warranties 2000) and told they would not cover until the pulley failed. But got the so called 'cover' for free so thought I'd try my luck.

After looking online they were as to be expected more than willing to take the money and never payout, only warranty worth while in my view is the intial manufacturers warrant you get on buying a new car

Clio 172
So it's basically all a con until something serious fails and even then they still won't pay out if the damage is more than the cars worth!. Glad I never called them and they roped me in for me to pay £30 a month on my 172 for nothing lol

Westfield, 182, 200
I had a warranty with my 04 Audi TT as the dsg gearbox was known for being a weak point and is expensive to fix.
Think it was warranty direct (one Quentin Wilson recommends) who i went with, but had an agreement that dsg box was covered for all faults-the catch was, it was £700 for 2 years and despite the age of the car, it had to have a full service history and be serviced at a vat registered garage using genuine parts!

Whenever i've had a 3 month dealer warranty, it wasn't worth poop!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure a few people on here have mentioned the AA cover as being very good and they don't seem to fob people off as much

for warranties from a garage I'll go against the grain here

1 week after getting my Mini GP, I found two massive holes in the top of the backbox, all got sorted under the supplied warrenty

whole new JCW exhaust system which was the best part of £700 plus some new JCW exhaust tips worth £80 for my inconvenience of having to drive back to derby to have it all fitted! Was very happy!

Clio 182
Only reason I was for the manufacture warranty as the only new-ish car I got was from a dealer. Still under 3yr warranty frm Arnold Clark, had a weird knocking noise and was persistent in taking it back to them- turns out the crankshaft or something was undersized? - anyway got brand new engine

Clio sport 172
I have Warranty with car protect I pay £15.00 a month and they pay up to £1500 I'm having my steering rack and wishbone done next week and they are paying for it all! All I had to do was ring them and tell them and I took it to a garage to be fixed they agreed with the garage the same day to pay it as well! The only thing it doesn't cover is brakes and tyres!