ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont rev!!

clio 1.4 16v
Hey, My cars been misfiring and not revving properly last couple of days...so i checked the coils and changed the spark plugs this morning, started to run better but now it seems to struggle to for any sort of power after 4k revs.... any ideas on what it could be?

Dylan

clio 1.4 16v
Pretty sure they havent yer, one of them has gone before but this didn't happen, the engine management light is on aswell, but its been on for about 150-200 miles :S been on before, but it was caused by some sensor on the exhaust, dya think it could be the problem? i'm not very mechanically minded btw incase i dont make any sense.

Titanium 182
The lambda sensor ? erm that could possibly be the problem then mate, did you get the sensor replaced ? iirc there about £50 for a new un' that could be your problem.

Does the engine ever cut out or idle lumpy ? if you can get hold of a fault reader stick it in and see what you can find bud.

clio 1.4 16v
It used to idle very lumpy , sometimes cut out, hasn't done it today since i changed the plugs tho, see what comes up with the fault reader, Thanks for the help mate.

Dylan

Clio 1.2
Not sure if it the same thing, but mine just to go into "limp mode" after 2000 revs, I also got the ECU warning light, which is what it sounds like yours is doing. In the end a friend changed the throttle body and I havnt had a problem since.