ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start - no spark...... PLEASE HELP

Clio 1.4 RT V-reg
Hi there
My car needed its starter motor to be replaced, so i got a new one. When trying to start it it still wouldn't tick over so this led me to a bad earth connection. I tested this by connecting from the negative battery to the engine block and the car started. I then tried all around the body near the battery to find an earth connection and got a few sparks here and there but it still wouldn't turn over. I then made the battery to engine block the earth connection but now the car wont start? It ticks over and over but wont start?????

Could the sparks from finding a good earth caused something to blow? Also when my key is in and trying to start it the immobilizer starts to flicker bright and then stops and starts again and the oil light and temperature light go on too? but its cold and lots of oil?

Could there be a short circuiting? or could this whole thing be related to the immobilizer stopped the fuel pump giving fuel to the car? Also tested the spark plugs but no spark?????????

Please helppp !!!!

clio 172
hi the tdc sensor is on the right side of the engine on top of gearbox two bolts its in a gap you can see the flywheel

Clio 1.4 RT V-reg
ok thank you ill give it a go tomoz, do u think it could be that? to me it kinda feels like its short circuiting but we havent changed any wires we have just changed the earth lead from the battery to the engine block because the original set up was poor?