ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAR WONT START

renault clio sport 172
Hi,

I have a 172 and since the cold weather, the car wouldnt start. i thought it was dead battery so replaced the battery with a new one. The engine was ticking over but still wont start. Ive reset the immobiliser but still no luck. Their is a funny beeping sound when turn the key in ignition coming from the area of where the battery is. Any ideas anyone?

thanks

When you say the car was ticking over but wont start do you mean turning over but wont start ?
Does the starting motor 'try'?

How have you reset the imobiliser?

check the red imobiliser light goes out when you turn the key if not try thr other key if still doesn't go out check the imobiliser ring

mine's been doing this. haven't used the car since the 21/12/08. I've tried jump starting it off another car with no joy, however success was to be found when I bumped started it. Have a go at that and leave the car running for a while. I bump started it, and left it for about 10 mins and come a few hours later it was dead again!

PH1 iceburg
sometimes when it is really cold and i first start mine i get that little beep, aint got a clue what it is

PH1 172
mine's been doing this. haven't used the car since the 21/12/08. I've tried jump starting it off another car with no joy, however success was to be found when I bumped started it. Have a go at that and leave the car running for a while. I bump started it, and left it for about 10 mins and come a few hours later it was dead again!

Becareful jump startin as you can easily spike the ECU and have to pay out for a new one.......

Sound like you have a dodgy battery or your alternator is playing up

Phase 2 172 Cup
check the red power lead on your alternator

mine did it last month, turns out that lead had broken off so the batter was getting no charge at all