ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon airbox lovelyness!

Black 197
Kev to stop leaves and dirt running into the filter why dont you get some thin wire mesh and cut it to fit to the carbon vent from the underside ? You wont see it plus it saves anything coming off of the road entering the vent and wont block or cause damage

172 5HED
Kev to stop leaves and dirt running into the filter why dont you get some thin wire mesh and cut it to fit to the carbon vent from the underside ? You wont see it plus it saves anything coming off of the road entering the vent and wont block or cause damage

Could do pal, but the chances of anything flying up and landing in a hole thats 70mm is accross is unlikely, and the filter will trap it anyway!

Black 197
Could do pal, but the chances of anything flying up and landing in a hole thats 70mm is accross is unlikely, and the filter will trap it anyway!

Yeah true

Just thinking outside the box a little, If your parked up and dead leaves are falling especially at this time of year leaves may block it and causes issues.. Sorry mate i think my brain is getting carried away like its my mod pmsl !

172 5HED
Yeah true

Just thinking outside the box a little, If your parked up and dead leaves are falling especially at this time of year leaves may block it and causes issues.. Sorry mate i think my brain is getting carried away like its my mod pmsl !

LOL, no mate its cool, I welcome suggestions, TBH I may end up with a bit of black mesh on the underside of it yet ;)

Black 197
LOL, no mate its cool, I welcome suggestions, TBH I may end up with a bit of black mesh on the underside of it yet ;)

You cutting the bonnet yourself ?

I may depending on how it turns out lol venture this way too, Im getting a carbon bonnet next month so this could be an idea !

172 5HED
Yup!! All be it wonky lol!!! I mounted it at an angle and I dont like it so re-doing it straight!!

172 5HED
Pics of it fitted/

kiteflying024.jpg

But re-doing straight!!!
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5478/kiteflying024.jpg

Monaco RS Clio 172
wow I bet the induction noise is enough to frighten people if you sink your toe when you go past them lol

vids required too! :rasp:

172 5HED
wow I bet the induction noise is enough to frighten people if you sink your toe when you go past them lol

vids required too! :rasp:

When its running right mate it will be stupid loud! Running like a bag o shite at the mo!:S

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Thats not at all what i was expecting...infact i have no idea what i was expecting...Looks alright tho!!!

Lookingforward to some figures and vids!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome mate, love it. Must be a small hole in the bonnet if you can move it after already cutting the bonnet.

172 5HED
Fixed my alignment issues today (see below)

kiteflying023.jpg

Moved the filter box back a little and ran some ducting straight to it, seems to work very well too! Will get pics of the ducting tomorrow ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
Read the rest of the thread lads, answered that twice lol!!

is there nothing you can put in the hole to reduce it? ie. hard to explain, but if you imagine something like vents you'd find in the car. Angled slightly should reduce water intake and not affect air intake.