ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Black BMW M3

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Right guys, as you may know, after a couple of months of searching and contemplating, I took the plunge and scooped this rather lovely Carbon Black M3 on Friday last week :cool:

Only 2 previous owners with full BMW service history including both Inspection's.

I was quite pleased with the spec, too :

SMG II
Genuine 19" CSL alloys with Michelin Pilot's all round.
CSL Bootlid
Eibach springs
AC Schnitzer exhaust system
Carbon badging and side vents
Blacked out grill

Sat Nav/TV
Full Black Nappa heated leather
Electric Memory Seats
Electric Sunroof
Dension iPod IceLink connection/6 Disc Changer
Harmon Kardon Stereo upgrade

All the other usual gubbins.

Really pleased with it. Gave it a good wash and polish over the weekend, and when the sun hits it you can really see the blue flecks in the paintwork. I'm sure it'll be a pain to keep clean, but it scrubs up very well!

The only thing I was a little unsure about was the ACS exhaust system, looks wise. Would certainly have preferred 4 single round pipes. It does sound nice, though, and gives a lovely throaty bass noise. I also have the original system which came with the car, should I decide to chop and change ;)

The car was based near London, and as Gem had already ordered train tickets for the Michael Jackson concert - which was thankfully at the O2 in London, we decided to use them as they'd have only gone to waste.

The previous owner and family certainly had a decent set of motors, including the M3 and a beautiful Mercedes CL63 AMG. I got a full set of the service history and background of the car, including the receipt of sale when he bought it from a BMW dealership in 2005 - for £36k! Incredible :eek:

The Sat Nav was clever and easy enough to use. Got stuck in the London traffic on the way home which ate into the time, and then it started to rain quite heavily on the M6, so we re-routed to a Premier Inn in Wolverhampton and stayed the night. Got back to Cumbria on Saturday afternoon. I have to say, the Auto mode (which I put on setting 2) made things so easy. I've never driven an automatic before, having come from the Renault's and Subaru's, so it was quite relaxing not having to manually change gears every few yards in the traffic.

Gemma had a drive around in it the other night, just getting used to the auto mode, too.
On the way home I decided to try S4 mode. Now that seemed much better! :evil:
I didn't even have to ease off the accelerator when upshifting. Very clever piece of kit. I'm sure I'll get more and more used to what it can do and the limits of the car, but for now I'm very, very pleased and the car itself is stunning to look at and drive.

These are the original shots of the car outside the previous owners house :

M3side.jpg

M3angle2.jpg

M3frontbonnet.jpg

A few I took at the weekend. This was at a run-down Industrial estate :

SDC10558.jpg

SDC10559.jpg

SDC10556.jpg

DSC02358.jpg

And how it looks as of today, with the smoked Depo indicators finishing off the front end :cool: :

DSC02362.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02368.jpg

DSC02371.jpg

DSC02363.jpg

Polishes up quite well.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Best M3 i've seen tbh! Perfect mods! Love the CSL bits. Makes the Silver CSL's look s**t tbh!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers. I'm sure it won't be to everyone's tastes, especially being black! The exhaust is even growing on me, too (I thought I'd be taking it off right away).

:)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome. Proper car.

And another bonus is the fact that Ali won't rip into you now you have an M.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Stunning. Don't ruin it with any yid shirts/scarves etc;).
Seriously lovely though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Awesome. Proper car.

And another bonus is the fact that Ali won't rip into you now you have an M.

Yeah it's very odd. I keep expecting a slating, but it's all been good. I might have to put a scoop on the bonnet! :clown:

Impressive, whats the exhaust surround?

It's just a Schnitzer carbon fibre diffuser. The front bumper is also apparently carbon fibre as well as the CSL style bootlid and badging/side vents.

It's not worthy lol!

Hows it compare to the scooby?

Haven't really had a chance to compare them, but it's certainly strange having all that power on tap without relying on a turbo. It's the same power standard as both my mapped P1 and WR1.

R26r R26
I have been looking at getting an Audi next but this has just changed my mind. Awesome looking machine.

A4 Avant
Well if you ever need to borrow my xantia beast for a tip run, I'd be delighted to discus terms for exchanging the M.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL at the wee guy! It's a crackin lookin car. Some performance eh! Just took ecka out for a spin in mine...Neck snapping! 140 just like that!!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
PMSL at the wee guy! It's a crackin lookin car. Some performance eh! Just took ecka out for a spin in mine...Neck snapping! 140 just like that!!!

I haven't really had a chance to stretch it's legs but I've no doubts at all the thing can shift. I'm sure it's got the legs to just keep on going too. Quality engineering.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I haven't really had a chance to stretch it's legs but I've no doubts at all the thing can shift. I'm sure it's got the legs to just keep on going too. Quality engineering.

Yep. They do this well! :rasp:

M3.jpg

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Love the black kidneys and vents and the smoked indicators finish the front off nicely too.

Do you not find auto 2 an absolute arse though in how it doesnt drop to 1st gear in slow moving traffic quickly enough?

330Ci Clubsport
Id get the nice CSL type rear diffuser mate will look much better. Also thats a std front bumper with some floglight inserts (hamann I think) which in fairness look a bit odd.

Id lose them and add the CSL carbon splitters, or even better get a replica CSL bumper with CF splitters already included for around £500. Would really complete the CSL look.

How are you finding the SMG? I loved it but ultimately found myself wanting a manual again :(