ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Black BMW M3

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Where've you been hiding, buddy? :dapprove:

x

I know dude. Sucks :dapprove:

New job, since I was facing the dreaded redundancy. New job with limited internets. Bad times.

On the plus side though, I bought those XFM shows to listen to on my breaks. Jesus H; that's some funny sh*t. :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Ahh good man. Bad times but blessed with some good, too.

I decided to give General Chat a miss for a week or so, and certainly haven't posted as much in there lately. There's a new breed evolving, I think. Not a patch on the old skool, mind ;)

XFM shows are amazing, those best bit's audiobooks are full of win.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ahh good man. Bad times but blessed with some good, too.

I decided to give General Chat a miss for a week or so, and certainly haven't posted as much in there lately. There's a new breed evolving, I think. Not a patch on the old skool, mind ;)

XFM shows are amazing, those best bit's audiobooks are full of win.

I know. We're Gervais and Merchant. The new breed are just The American Office, in comparison. Simple c*nts.

I do miss this place in the daytime though... suppose I could browse on the iPhone. :eek:

Back on topic though, simply awesome M3. Without sounding like Ali "2k miles is intergalactic" Robertson, it's so much classier than the WR1, even if that had it's appeal. :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Decided to make use of the decent-ish weather up in Cumbria at the moment :

DSC02448.jpg

DSC02453.jpg

DSC02447.jpg

DSC02446.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02468.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

DSC02466.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02460.jpg

Definitely should have made use of the tyre slick spray. Completely forgot.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I know. We're Gervais and Merchant. The new breed are just The American Office, in comparison. Simple c*nts.

I do miss this place in the daytime though... suppose I could browse on the iPhone. :eek:

Back on topic though, simply awesome M3. Without sounding like Ali "2k miles is intergalactic" Robertson, it's so much classier than the WR1, even if that had it's appeal. :cool:

Definitely classier, but not as noisy! :dapprove:

LOL.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Very nice indeed, starting to miss mine already....

Black-M3-033.jpg

Oh, I've just noticed the front bumper on yours Scutch, is that custom??

Corsa Van. Meh.
Absolutely lovely....

Only 2 things I would change if it was mine. I know you didn't change these bits and you bought it like it so it may not be to your exact taste either. I'd go back to standard exhaust (or aftermarket with same as standard look) and change that chrome surround around the exhaust.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I admit the exhaust isn't to everyones taste, even my own when I saw the pics before buying the car. But it really does look pretty good in the flesh - and I'm so against extreme styling and looks. I'll give it a few more weeks but as said I do have the standard box to go back on so could make a few coins.

The carbon diffuser is also AC Schnitzer as it's part of the exhaust package.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Very nice indeed, starting to miss mine already....

Black-M3-033.jpg

Oh, I've just noticed the front bumper on yours Scutch, is that custom??

Very nice mate. As for the front bumper, I don't know. A few folk have claimed it's a carbon jobbie, including the previous owner. So I'm assuming it's not OEM.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Proper nice car. Far nicer than your usual ricers. I actually used to hate these, but could see myself owning one.

I've always loved the shape of the E46 M3, but again, like you I never imagined I'd own one. You do get a hell of a lot of car for your money, spec and performance wise. I'm certainly still learning things from it, and getting fully accustomed to the paddles and SMG gearbox. I'm very pleased I chose the SMG, but it would be interesting to see how a manual gearbox fares, too.

Like I've also said, it's crazy having around 350bhp on tap, rather than with the aid of a turbo and the lack of lag. Different power delivery, but incredibly similar low down performance figures between the WR1 and M3, but i've no doubts the BMW would keep going and going when the Scoobs run out of puff.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome that! Could you tell me what the tyre sizes are on the back please?

1998 BMW e46 323i
Ouch, a set of 4 corners is a bit harsh then? Need me an M3, but couldn't balance it and a mortgage...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Enjoyin it Neil??

Yeah, I've got so many pics!

updatelight.jpg

DSC02476.jpg

Got a bit of a problem at the moment, though. The plastic bracket which holds the passenger side indicator in place (a moulding on the side of the headlight trim) has snapped off (my own fault) so now the indicator needs secured back in place. I priced up a Xenon headlight as a last resort from BMW - £821. PMSL. Erm, no thanks. All I need is the small ledge of plastic.

:clown:

This is the drivers side, showing the plastic ledge and securing bush which is used to clamp down on the fork of the indicator assembly :

photovst.jpg

That entire plastic ledge and securing bush has snapped off on the passenger side, and gone AWOL.

will the bracket not be the same for any E46 with the same lights? breakers yard!

Oh, and I don't think I've commented on the car yet... so, nice :approve:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah it will be the same, mate. That's definitely an option, but there aren't too many breakers yards up here with E46's in. The headlights also still go for a pretty penny, too.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Very nice mate! I've grown to like mine! Power delivery is so linear. It's not the most exciting car to drive, but it's a comfy tool tho!!