ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Black BMW M3

J03

MX5 1.8
love M3s reminds me of what my uncle had yonks ago

takonm3.jpg

takonm33.jpg

takonm32.jpg

propa beast

Mini Clubman
Looks good. Id loose the exhaust though. i drove a couple of these but i dint like the SMG. bit jurky. how u finding it. the new m3, smg is much better on that

Elise/VX220/R26
Looks great. I've just taken a standard M3 in PX for my Z4M. More or less identical to the one posted above (19"s etc). Would need coilovers for me now I've been spoled by VX220s and the Z4. Thinking of selling it though as the Mrs thinks its too big. Very impressed at how it's handled 80k. Drives like a new car!

Renaultsport Clio 197
WOW!

maybe a silly question but ... carbon black ? is it just a cool name for the colour of the car or is it some special version/pack :S

best looking m3 i've ever seen!
the exhaust are nice but are a bit too shiny for a black car. Titanium tips ftw;)

Amazing car, would love to hear your thoughts on how it compares to the scooby handling and grip wise.

Turbos.
Very nice. The indicator lenses finish it off perfectly.

The bumpers have a carbon fibre crash structure, but they're not carbon themselves.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks good. Id loose the exhaust though. i drove a couple of these but i dint like the SMG. bit jurky. how u finding it. the new m3, smg is much better on that

New m3 doesn't have smg, it's a dct. Completely different.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Mechanically it may be different, but it's still the same to drive! I've driven both.

Turbos.
You get used to the SMG after a couple of drives. The auto mode is pointless though, especially in the CSL.

The DCT is dual clutch so completely different.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cheers guys :cool:

WOW!

maybe a silly question but ... carbon black ? is it just a cool name for the colour of the car or is it some special version/pack :S

best looking m3 i've ever seen!
the exhaust are nice but are a bit too shiny for a black car. Titanium tips ftw;)

Yeah mate. Carbon black is the colour. It's very deceptive actually, as when the sun hits it you can see the blue specks in the metallic. Very cool colour, but a b*tch to keep clean!

Very nice. The indicator lenses finish it off perfectly.

The bumpers have a carbon fibre crash structure, but they're not carbon themselves.

Ahh, right :cool:

Id get the nice CSL type rear diffuser mate will look much better. Also thats a std front bumper with some floglight inserts (hamann I think) which in fairness look a bit odd.

Id lose them and add the CSL carbon splitters, or even better get a replica CSL bumper with CF splitters already included for around £500. Would really complete the CSL look.

How are you finding the SMG? I loved it but ultimately found myself wanting a manual again :(

The SMG seems spot on so far. Like I say, coming to work of a morning I just pop it into Auto mode, setting 2/5. I don't need the paddles as I'm just waking up anyway! LOL.
If I'm out and about in it though, I'll put it in S4 or S5 mode (higher range in the revs) and get on with the paddles. The speed in which it can change gear is incredible and the fact it does it all without you taking your foot off the accelerator makes it a very clever device indeed.

330Ci Clubsport
you have to love the thump from the rear on a full throttle change in S6 :):)

I had BC Coilovers in mine mate. came in at under 700 quid with front camber adj mounts and uprated rear mounts. Found them really nice on the road and on track (if thats your thing).

Hard to get an M3 low at the back tho for some reason.

Golf R soon...
Fab looking M3 Scutch!

Like you said...not a fan of the look of the AC exhaust but I bet it sounds nice!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mechanically it may be different, but it's still the same to drive! I've driven both.
Nein. SMG has the same slight harshness as the F1 box. Not as bad as e-gear though.
DCT is so much smoother, and far better in auto mode.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
smart, is it slower than the scoob? :cool:

Similar 0-60mph time, under 5seconds. Different power delivery, it's weird having it all on tap and no lag. I miss the noise of the Scoob, but the torque is immense in this thing, and it looks great and much more refined and polished, too. Nowhere near as "in your face". Saying that, the P1 and WR1 were amazing cars.

F56 MINI Cooper S
ye i bet, one of the greatest sounding cars, even so with an afterburner vortex bringing out the flat four grumble. :cool: