ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Black 197
Hi all,

Had my 182 a fair while now and over the years my bonnet has taken a lil battering, firstly Renault damaged it when replacing the engine and refused to cough up, Then last week some pr*ck scratched the bonnet ! Got the odd stone chip here and there so i thought to myself shall i respray the bonnet or go for a Carbon fibre jobby ? Been looking at this

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1159

Car is titanium silver so whats peoples views on either getting the bonnet repaired/resprayed or slapping a Carbon fibre bonnet on ?

Dont know if it would look odd silver/black.. Cant make my mind up so post away

Golf GTD Mk7
there is someone on here with it. looks sweet. if cost works out the same you're not losing anything

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
can anyone confirm if it is a gel coat (no weave) or a clear coating (showing the carbon weave). they seem to contradict themselves in their description

M2 / Golf GTI
BOnnet-2.jpg

weave.jpg

Tada!

Black 197
Looks mint jaws !!

Defo gonna go the carbon route then, wont need to go without the car too as old bonnet can be binnned/sold...

Jaws did you get your bonnet from Ktec ? or somewhere else ?

Thanks for your input chaps

M2 / Golf GTI
I got it from a member off here. I would keep your std bonnet if I was you just in case. They are quite a bit lighter tbh. Notice it when you open the bonnet. Obiously not going to be a huge difference as you still have the framework etc which I believe on the ktec ones is made of fiberglass or something similar. Anyway, nice bonnets i'm sure you will enjoy it :)