ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon fibre Skin

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How is this different to normaly Carbon Fibre....Prob a very daft question...

Reason i ask...I'm interested in getting the vee roof done...And after finding out the White Z4M is simply a carbon skin not a full carbon roof like the CSL i presume i'm now interested...

Who does it etc?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i'd assume its just a big piece of carbon sheet thats glued to the roof? possibly a bit more to it than that though... hasnt ant's new evo got one? he may know

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
As it's not going to be a genuine cf roof, would a cf style wrap not be better? Personally I think it would look s**t, I thought black details on Iliad would look great, but the pics I saw yesterday proved otherwise. If you're going to spend some on it, could you not get the joins on the rear 3/4 (where the original body meets the V6 kit) smoothed out? One of the few exterior details that grates on me.

172 Cup SOLD
How is this different to normaly Carbon Fibre....Prob a very daft question...

Reason i ask...I'm interested in getting the vee roof done...And after finding out the White Z4M is simply a carbon skin not a full carbon roof like the CSL i presume i'm now interested...

Who does it etc?

You sure about that?!

1013250652_d3309b5484.jpg

1031237788_ee742e057e.jpg

1044555442_1a84c5a616.jpg

I know the owner well and always thought it was full CF.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
your rite. it's from the states. Was gossip on a forum. Only 800£! no bad eh!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
that is lovely. how durable and long lasting is the vinyl wrap?
Depends on the quality, the stuff I've been looking at is 4yrs +. The cheaper grades are more difficult to get a good application, and less durable.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I was looking at a place near cheltenham, but I've abandoned the full wrap for the moment. I've just emailed the carbonskin place above about getting the bonnet done.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yep, a Ph1. Good thing is the bonnet is currently matt black, so any stone chips wouldn't show up.

Clio 172 Cup
What is the point of fake CF? Might as well go the whole hog and have a v8 badge put on and a huge airscoop that goes nowhere.

carbonskin will wrap a full clio (takes 3 days) in any colour matt or gloss for about £900. For a roof and boot it's about £300. A bonnet is around £250.

soooo the wrap, talk to me.

how is it applied, how is it taken off (do you need to take it back to them) and are there any negative aspects, like bubbling in heat etc?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
soooo the wrap, talk to me.

how is it applied, how is it taken off (do you need to take it back to them) and are there any negative aspects, like bubbling in heat etc?
It's basically sticky vinyl. Protects the paintwork, requires removal by professionals, but thats usually included in the purchase cost. Talking 800-1000 for a decent job (ie bumpers off etc if going for whole car).

ok cool. With regard to doing certain panels such as bonnet/roof I assume it is carefully stuck and trimmed?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
That carbon roof skin on the Z4M is p**n! AS is Ant1's Evo!

However, Back in the day, When I had the gold Clio, I wanted (For show) A Carbon skinned Roof and Bootlid, To match my bonnet (gold car, Carbon middle) which I thought would look good, And the quote was £1500, Which was jus ta skin of carbon over the stock parts and laquered. I couldnt afford it though

Forget who it was.