ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon fibre thumb grip

can I just say guys that obviously if we did repair and carbon anyones thumbgrips the finish would be better then the prototypes Ben has.. these were just quickly made so ben could test them out...

Tony

not done any more on these to be honest, the first attempt failed so I imersed a mould in resin and its still imersed lol...

will get round to this asap and have a go at making one... failing that I can always try and fix any that are really bad..

all the best

TONY

alien green rs133
depending on what happens in the next week or so i might have a RS wheel you can play with for as long as it takes and get them grips 100% :D

btw the wheel is missing the grips completely

but im sure that if you could produce cf grips witout the need of the crappy rubber bit it would be better for cliosporters :D

hutchie

yeah that would be a big help hutchie, i'm currently fixing a pair for a guy on here but ideally full replacements wiould be better.. tried the rubber option but just not happy, so maybe full carbon replacements are the way to go...

pm me if the wheel becomes available, and of course if i can sort something i'll obviously give you a free pair..

Tony

well, the rubber version has gone nowhere guys, struggling a bit...

however, repaired a pair for frosty as promised, and they look pretty good in my opinion... took me a couple of weeks to repair, carbon and resin, and to be honest the time spent on these is more then I could justifiably charge for, but your opinions are welcome... still need a final tidy on the bottom edge and a final coat of resin, but i think frosty will be pleased with the result when he gets them (hopefully later this week)

DSC05143.jpg

comments welcome

Tony

Last edited:
couldnt really copy them ben, sorry, I think the best I can do at the minute is a covering option, how come yours wouldnt fit as all I did was cover your original one, so the back of it that fixes to the wheen should have simply stuck straight back down?

if its the actual carbon thats too "big" yu could simply sand it down with some 240 wet n dry...

let me know

Tony

Yeh i think its just the carbon on top thats to big to fit in snugly, the first one for the left hand side was perfect. But i think the right one was soo bad, it had past the point of no return :)

ClioSport 172 FF
hey im new on here and just read the hole thread and the idea is awesome. I think pretty much everybody will be interested including me.
my right grip is mega f**ked. cant wait too see if you release em :p