ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon fibre thumb grip

started on your other one today ben, it was a real mess mate, and althogh its not perfctly fixed i'm hoping its enough so it looks good once done..

will take the carbon around the edges on this one as well.. be thursday/friday before i have pics, but at least then you'll have a pair lol..

Tony

Its holding up very well. Im purposely being very hard on it, twisting it while steering etc and it hasnt flinched:)

Cheers tony, does look kinda odd, but if a passenger asked i just say im the guinea pig so was only sent one to try as not to waste :)

lol... no worries ben,

they'll cost you nowt anyway mate, we'll try and perfect them over the next few weeks and go from there..

also next week i will experiment with rubber.. lol..

Tony

p.s. if anyone has a spare pair of thumbgrips (in excellent condition) they could do without for a few weeks I could do with a loan lol.. would make my task a lot easier...

Last edited:
  ibiza cupra
funny this should happen ive just started making the mold for me to do some of my own lol. looking good though, if i balls mine up ill be interested in a set.

the other one should be back with you by the weekend ben.. it was well f**ked but its covered ok...

still looking for a good pair so I can start developing the other option..

all the best

Tony

182 FF & 306 Rallye
I would, and I'm sure others on this thread would but they're all f**ked, hence needing CF replacements :(

ibiza cupra
heres a few pics of how mine went ill put a guide up in a bit
01.gif

07.gif

26.gif

36.gif

38.gif

42.gif

44.gif

46.gif

they aint perfect by any means but they are a 100 times better than they before

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Nice little touch that'll be :) Love things like that!

all packed and will be posted monday mate, hopefully by the end of next week i should be able to do these in carbon only so they can be simply bonded onto thr knackered ones, see how it goes... may also be able to do another option in a couple of weeks

Tony

perhaps ben could post up how his are holding up...

the rubber version are taking some doing, but i AM still trying..

may pan out that the best i can do is fix peoples and coat with carbon, not sure really but see what ben has to report..

Tony

the difference with the right one ben was that when you took it off i think some f the backing came with it, as it was deffo different to the left one...

good news though, means I can at least help people if they want them fixing...

Tony

Clio 182
Ben knows i am very interested in these and if hes ok with it i might pop down with Digger to come see the finished article??