ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon roof or bonnet?

clio dynamique 1.6
Thinking or carbon wrapping the roof or bonnet? Can't decide which? Anybody have any pictures of it done? Advice or opinions welcome?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I wouldn't do neither or enless it's real carbon fibre, the wraps look total s**t and no where near the "carbon look" IMO

TBH for the roof, it would have to be a wrap. Anyone trying to fit a real carbon roof to a car that was made with a metal one, is either a fool, or very wealthy and equally as bored.

Personally I've completely gone off carbon fibre parts on road cars. Some OEM stuff looks ok, but people get carried away. Fairly sure I've seen a picture on here of a Clio with a carbon fibre gearstick insert. I mean WTF is that all about? Carbon diamonds...why would you do that? If it's for weight saving you'd remove it. Way too many road cars trying to look like race cars (and failing). Don't put another one on the road. That's my advice.

TBH for the roof, it would have to be a wrap. Anyone trying to fit a real carbon roof to a car that was made with a metal one, is either a fool, or very wealthy and equally as bored.

Personally I've completely gone off carbon fibre parts on road cars. Some OEM stuff looks ok, but people get carried away. Fairly sure I've seen a picture on here of a Clio with a carbon fibre gearstick insert. I mean WTF is that all about? Carbon diamonds...why would you do that? If it's for weight saving you'd remove it. Way too many road cars trying to look like race cars (and failing). Don't put another one on the road. That's my advice.

Agreed, fake carbon just looks pathetic and cheap, carbon inserts is just epic fail.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
fake carbon is ghey!!

if you want to go for that look, get either real carbon, or pain/wrap parts in black!