ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carsons RenaultSport Clio 182FF

Clio 182FF
Hi,

New on here as ive just got a 182 Clio so thought id put a few pics of it up for you all to see. I have always wanted one and orginally wanted Racing Blue but this one came up for sale and i had to have it...;)

Its 2005 with 26k.. and in Black/Gold, FF model. Havent got any decent pics as yet but heres a few..

20032009603.jpg

20032009609.jpg

20032009607.jpg

20032009608.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
Looks sweet :D
Welcome to ClioSport from the NI lot :cool:

Where bouts in Norn Iron are you?
Keep a wee eye out for the meets/events we go to mate

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm trying hard not to sound like a c**t, but its not a FF mate.

Its missing Cup spoilers. :(

Looks bloody clean though!

BMW E92/Audi S3
Maybe.. Just MAYBE.. (Slim chance) The spoiler was stolen by a gimp in a leather suit and he had to replace it with a normal 1*2/Dynamique spoiler?

Black 197
Yep cup spoiler or Vee/Trrophy spoiler and it'll look the danglies... I wish i'd got a BG now....

Well hope to get a LY R27 cup soon anyway

Clio 182FF
My bad.. didnt realise.. I assumed FF was just the interior, and all the extras etc.. Ill maybe have to look into getting a cup spoiler..

Anyone any pics so i can see the difference?

Clio 182FF
Havent updated this in a while. Havent done much as ive been flat out in my final year at uni but i graduated yesterday so hopefully over the next few months ill have some better updates.

Just been keeping it clean really.. apart from that i got my K-tec carbon splitter fitted, pressed plates and a smaller civic ariel..:)

Booked in for its first MOT at the start of August so shall be serviced before then. Picking up some Brembo Max discs and Mintex Pads on Friday so should have them fitted in the next week or so..

i12755.jpg

i12758.jpg

i12753.jpg

i12756.jpg

Clio 182FF
I'll likely invest in a Cup spoiler if i decide to hold onto it..they do look alot better.

Clio 182FF
Well since my last update the cars had a full service and got some nice new brembo max front discs fitted along with Mintex Extreme pads both front and rear. It also passed its first MOT :)

As the weather was good i also treated my calipers to a lick of paint just to tidy the look of them a bit.

22072009799.jpg

22072009803.jpg

Ive since removed my pressed plates as i got a smaller front plate to fit recess and have a ITG Panel filter in post..

Also few carbon bits ordered to go on in the next few weeks and then its some Sportlines and Cup Spoiler.. :)

500 Twinair
Keep ure eyes peeled on the for sale section for a cup spoiler or prehaps a trophy spoiler.
Car looks nice.

Clio 182FF
Is there much difference between the cup and trophy spoilers..? Any pics would be appreciated.

Whats the going rate for them..around £120-130??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks nice, couldn't be doing with keeping it clean though.

My bad.. didnt realise.. I assumed FF was just the interior, and all the extras etc.. Ill maybe have to look into getting a cup spoiler..

Anyone any pics so i can see the difference?

Never get why people think that, all the air con, leather, xenons etc is standard, the extras are the cup packs lol

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Looks nice, couldn't be doing with keeping it clean though.

Never get why people think that, all the air con, leather, xenons etc is standard, the extras are the cup packs lol

Looking at the photos & how high the front sits I would be a little dubious in terms of this car having the cup suspension....

The alloys dont right look the right colour although I could be wrong-

S

200 Gordini
Looking at the photos & how high the front sits I would be a little dubious in terms of this car having the cup suspension....

The alloys dont right look the right colour although I could be wrong-

S

I also thought it is a bit high..

Get coillies instead of sportlines ;)

Clio 182FF
Since the thread was started i am aware it doesnt have cup packs.. hence my above post..

It doesnt really concern me as im planning to invest in some Sportlines and a cup spoiler in the near future and i have already fitted a CF front splitter..

500 Twinair
Carson, the trophy spoiler is the same as the v6 spoiler, a little larger than the cup spoiler, a trophy spoiler will command big money though, rare as.
It doesnt matter bout not having cup packs ure nearly there anway with a splitter and coloured alloys. FOr suspension I would go for coilovers if you could, sportline will set you back £140, add another £100 or so and it will get you ktec coilovers, where you can adjust the height, and you will be upgrading shocks and springs at the same time.

Clio 182FF
Thanks for your reply timmyd.. Yeh im keeping my eye out for a cup spoiler and with regards the suspension im not sure.. i had my mind set on Sportlines, i know that they don't lower a great deal but they seem to get a good write up on here and other places and I wasnt planning on going down the coilover route as i had them in my previous car and they werent ideal for daily driving with the great roads in N.Ireland.. :(

Just out of interest, how good are the ktec coilovers? And what other brands would you recommend that dont cost mega money..?

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
looks quality i really need a splitter it finishes off the car nicely

My 182 comes with a autochanger so nerrrrrrrrrrrr haha

500 Twinair
Carson, cant speak from experience but k-tec seem to be a good coilover's and some people rave about them on here, have a look on the search, should find something. Not bad value for under £350 for something that will lower your car upto 60mm front and 40mm back, replace your old shocks, so giving better handling, some say more improved on the 182 cup handling. Also GAZ, Vmax, FK and KW are some good budget coilovers. These are all fixed damping, not really a problem if you are using for fast road etc. Adjustable damping go from £500 up.

Clio 182FF
Thanks for your replys folks and appreciate the info Timmy.. Ill have to look into them.. In the mean time im getting few other bits for the car like the spoiler and carbon bits :p