ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caster adjustable top mounts that fit correctly!?

Clio 2 RS172 Cup
Hey guys. I'm after some caster adjustable top mounts that fit Bilstein B14s correctly. I've tried the BC top mounts but they don't slide down the shaft far enough and don't get enough thread engagement (see pics) The top mounts aren't wide enough to go over the thicker part just below the thread.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Attachments

• 20200324_111529.jpg
    20200324_111529.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 20200324_111922.jpg
    20200324_111922.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 20200324_111919.jpg
    20200324_111919.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 20200324_111929.jpg
    20200324_111929.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 147
  Clio 2 RS172 Cup
Gonna say, it's upside down 😂

Plus you need to take the silver top hat off as well.
The black bit is upside down yes (Not sure why they put it like that when they took pictures) but that isn't the problem anyway. The top hat that sits on the spring wouldn't go further down to meet the spring. The top hat wasn't wide enough to fit over the thicker part of the shaft

Last edited:
  Clio 2 RS172 Cup
Going to buy another set of these and fit them myself now that I've got time. Starting to think the mech was having a bad day tbh...

Clio 2 RS172 Cup
Right, fit these in the rain yesterday as I'm impatient! They fit perfectly fine. The mounts sit above the thicker part of the shaft unlike the standard top hats. Just had to re adjust the preload to sort that. Thread engagement is fine. I'm not sure what the fuss was about at the garage.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Right, fit these in the rain yesterday as I'm impatient! They fit perfectly fine. The mounts sit above the thicker part of the shaft unlike the standard top hats. Just had to re adjust the preload to sort that. Thread engagement is fine. I'm not sure what the fuss was about at the garage.

They probably saw the spring was loose because of the gap difference and thought "this must be wrong they don't fit"

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Glad its sorted! second time lucky :D