ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cat 1 - where to buy

172 M69 eater

any ideas on where to buy and what to buy in terms of cat 1 thatcham alarms and any features u would recommend i definately have??

i have tried gap but they sounded like rite t*ssers and were really pushy tellin me what i should have rather than offering me options. the way they acted made me not wanna buy off them.

im basically lookin 4 a good deal!!

ideas?

Id avoid gap as i had a pretty crap experience with them when i had to have a cat 1 fitted to my gtturbo, would have gone elsewhere but the insurance company i was with said they wouldnt recognise it if i had it fitted elsewhere, must be a scam but had to have it fitted so gap fitted it. Personally i would find a good local autoelectrician or specailist audio and security dealer and get them to fit it. If you have mates that have had things fitted then see who they recommend thats usually the best way

172 M69 eater

im from bham but none of my mates have had a proper alarm fitted yet as they cant afford it so im the test unfortuantely i heard of a2b alarms in bham but not heard anyone mention them...ever

I got my toad C5 fitted at smart car in Beeston, not far from nottingham. Did a good job, and a pretty good price too. Generally i reckon you cant go too far wrong so long as the place is VSIB approved (make sure you get the certificate when its fitted!!). Motorworld may be an idea as they are VSIB approved, and have loads of stores, although personally they dont tend to stock anything else that id want. Hope that helps a little.
Jon