ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat / Magnex

Clio 200 FF

Well had my cat replaced today under warranty thankfully, it had a crack the size of julia roberts mouth. The rest of the system is a magnex which the tailpipes are coming away and speaking to magnex they say they wont replace the exhaust because i wasnt given a warranty card? the exhaust has the magnex details on it for crying out loud, why should a "lifetime warranty" be void because of this? seems magnex dont like to admit build faults, the reply i got was "we can sell you another" yeah like id buy another hoping the tailpipes would stay on this time.

Well i sent an email to them and am now waiting for a reply hoping they will honour their lifetime guarentee, have to wait and see :(

Renault Laguna Coupe

How old is the zorst? If its less than a year just go back to the dealer who sold it to you - its their problem.

do u have a receipt?? proving when and where u bought it?

then if they dont do nothing, tell em youll go to trading standards..

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

For their lifetime warranty the be valid you are ment to have a health check done once a year !! I.e a year after you bought it and so on !!

Clio 200 FF

this was never mentioned, so if a health check saw the exhaust to be ok at i year and it deteriorated in the next month or so then magnex would just say the system was ok when checked so is still deemed to be good until the next yearly check

Clio 200 FF

Magnex now saying they will sell me a new one at a discounted price (dont say how much), well they can sod off, this is the 2nd magnex ive had and definately the last if they get out of the warranty

Never liked magnex anyway.....give them really irate treatment....and send them loads of mail....

And get a soliciter to write up a letter in 10 mins....just give them hell.

Clio 200 FF

whats peed me off as well is it cost £30 to have system fitted, £40 to replace standard (had to be welded together) and will cost me another £30 to have a new magnex fitted after paying for a new replacement :mad: well thats £100 and whatever magnex will charge me so i guess ill just leave it standard

Trophy

You need to get in touch with the place that fitted it then as they obviously didnt give you the warrenty card after they fitted it!

Mat.

Clio 200 FF

another reply from magnex today saying i have to go to Halfords (supplier) and see if they are "willing to take me on" - so magnex have washed their hands.

If their standing is the warranty only applies if the card is filled in then they should print in their adverts "lifetime warranty providing card is returned within 21 days" and the fact that a lot of people seem not to get a warranty card suggests there will be a lot of stainless systems scrapped instead of replaced