ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caught Speeding! But could of been worse...

Looks like im about to join the 3 points gang. :mad:

Got caught speeding on the m5 near weston super mare. They clocked me doing an average of 95mph. Think its over 96mph and i would of had to go to court, and then over 100 and your licence is gone! So i do count myself lucky tbh, more relief then anger when i was caught. Just got to learn the lesson now, especially when i have to insure the car again this summer. That'll teach me!!!

3 points and 60 pound fine, enough said!

53 Clio's & counting
they got me a few years ago avarage of 103......

a day out at the court,a 2 week ban and a cost of 195 quid

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Well congratulations, for putting your hands up and pleading guilty as caught, you have a first on here I think.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Wow....no one has roasted you yet for the henious crime of speeding in your performance Clio.
Everyone must be going soft...usually the CS Speeding Punishment Police would have given you a good telling off by now;)

Leon Cupra 300
Ahh well it happens mate... It might slow you down for a while which isn't, if you think about it, a bad thing.

Mini Cooper S sport
as ali g says, "The more points you get the more respect you get"

A guy in Southampton was given a record 64 points and a 3 year ban last week - he drove away from the court hearing and now he's been jailed for 3 months lol.

on the motorway i think its between the hours of 8am and 8pm if your doing ova 96mph then its a court summons. But dont quote me on that!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
There's no speed where you lose your licence automatically.

It's a rubbish myth, doesn't even strike awe into people's hearts like stories of the London Jungle Monkeys.

Anyway, it's court time at set speeds, you can pay your way out of a ban in most cases though.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
I got caught doing 97 average and only got 3 points, they knew I was doing 120ish at one point. Its all down to individual circumstances wether you go to court or not.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I got caught doing 97 average and only got 3 points, they knew I was doing 120ish at one point. Its all down to individual circumstances wether you go to court or not.

Again, if it's a cop that pulls you over, he can issue an "on the spot" if you have a good attitude and weren't endagering anyone.

But caught on camera then it's court time. Cop's can also issue a summons I believe, or just arrest you. What ever really.

Just keep an eye out for cops and you won't get in that situation.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Bad Luck Mate. Think I was caught at Bristol yesterday (Man in a Van). I Was just sat at roadworks for 20 mins frustrated had an open road for a bit and put my foot down and didn't see the crafty bugger almost hidden until the last minute. He would have been better off moving across the road and setting the camera on the drug dealers and car theiving scumbags.

All gone a bit over the top this speeding/camera lark, Britain is obsessed with it.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Again, if it's a cop that pulls you over, he can issue an "on the spot" if you have a good attitude and weren't endagering anyone.

But caught on camera then it's court time. Cop's can also issue a summons I believe, or just arrest you. What ever really.

Just keep an eye out for cops and you won't get in that situation.

I normally spot them a mile off but this one joined the motorway as I went past the slip road. They said I was the only one that day that didn't get a summons for the same speed. They saw two cars pull out in front of me without indicating before I put my foot down to get past so they put my speed down to that and let me off lightly.

Trophy 265/500
Phew, just under possible ban numbers. Fair play putting your hand up though. And yes, the 182 does have the cc/pit lane limiter as standard - saved me a good few times I suspect.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
My late 172 has the cruise/limiter.

On long motorway journeys, I just sit back and use cruise on 70. Much more relaxing than doing 80 and 90 where you catch people up and have to slow down/speed up.

Not saying I don't ever speed though. Just been lucky, thus far.

On long motorway journeys, I just sit back and use cruise on 70. Much more relaxing than doing 80 and 90 where you catch people up and have to slow down/speed up.
Must be nice motorways where you live then where there are no lorries. Or are you a middle-lane driver?

Looks like im about to join the 3 points gang. :mad:

Got caught speeding on the m5 near weston super mare. They clocked me doing an average of 95mph. Think its over 96mph and i would of had to go to court, and then over 100 and your licence is gone! So i do count myself lucky tbh, more relief then anger when i was caught. Just got to learn the lesson now, especially when i have to insure the car again this summer. That'll teach me!!!

3 points and 60 pound fine, enough said!
Did you get zapped or get stopped?

Must be nice motorways where you live then where there are no lorries. Or are you a middle-lane driver?

Mostly d/cs and then won't always use cruise but on 3/4 laners will use cruise.

Did a 600 mile round trip last week on 2/3/4 lane motorways on cruise at 70. Only ever used lanes 1 and 2 of the 3 and 4 laners. Just pootle long at 70 in lane 1 and overtake and pull back in.

Did a 600 mile round trip last week on 2/3/4 lane motorways on cruise at 70. Only ever used lanes 1 and 2 of the 3 and 4 laners. Just pootle long at 70 in lane 1 and overtake and pull back in.
How do you not fall asleep at the wheel?

I personally fail to see how doing the same speed constantly doesn't send people to sleep - I'm on the throttle, off the throttle, adjusting my speed constantly to the changing traffic and conditions! Surely Cruise Control just means that you're switched off and ploughing into situations too fast through not paying attention?

I can imagine nothing worse that having to sit at 70 all day.

I can see what your saying.

For the most part I drive like you say.

The roads were free flowing through and I was trying to get max mpg.

I still concentrate and use the +/- on the cruise to glide past people.

I find sitting at 70 means you get there more relaxed and without worrying about any cameras. Plus doing 80+ means you're constantly catching people up and having to slow down and then accelerate again.

I've done stacks of motorway miles in my old RT and VTS and never had cruise. My 172 on cruise is far better.

Just my personal preference.

1.8 8v RSi
i have to say the m5 isn't a place i'd go speeding on anyway....doesnt that motorway have those nasty gantry cameras?