ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CDMullins- Finished Final Thread

well as long as you like it, though i can see the work colleagues having a good laugh at the car (as would i)

from the front, it actually looks docile, almost dumb appearance to it

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

not my cup o beans. but the quality looks good from the pics dude.

very glad your happy with it and enjoy it now!

--chris

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

looks nice, held off posting till now, i do like kits (some of them) and tuning so im in the middle i guess... my taste is now really 100% jap crap lol... so i gone off rens tbh, but it looks nice only bit i dont like is the spoiler... from the other pics i think it would of looked better with a cup or v6 spoiler... dash looks very nice though... only 1 prob when its sunny that is gonna be hard as hell to see out the windscreen with... it will reflect...

nice job though... except for the time it took but im sure ur fed up with people saying that by now lol

Racing Blue 182

Looks good apart from spoiler. you going to ponti or wakey cruise tomoz?

I hope you have declared all ya mods on insurance ;)

E87 118i

hmmm, never commented on this before, I think you got what you were after and that what matters, there are defo a few parts of the car which Im really liking, front end is hot with angel eyes, extended bonnet etc. coded dash is mint also, would love to see some hi res pics so we can check out that paint....have fun it.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

have never commented either

not in to heavily modified cars but i think this looks brilliant, i espescially like the front

i might get grilled for this but i think the bonnet down to the lights looks slightly supra esk

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3

Looks real nice apart from...the smiling front bumper lol.

Different though - good job.

"Navy" N17 TWO

6 grand:eek: for that money I would of :

colour-coded
black lexus lights
black 17s and coilovers
slightly "smaller" exhaust
engine change - 172 maybe ?

I do like your dash - looks cool :)

Fair play to you - its your car so its what you like! :D

I would strongly agree with omar - keep the car as long as you can after all that work and wait

Im keeping mine for as long as I can (y) still want to do a few things with it but Im in no hurry - too much stuff on these days (work, life...blah blah blah)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Wow, glad your happy with it... and thats a monster screen on the passengers side. Didnt realise you had the inside done too.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

PGTI magazine are asking for people who want to feature in their mag to apply.....

application in back of mag.

CD the dash looks nice. hope to see it in the flesh at a meet some time, at least you will be recognisable on the cliosport stand.

hope your pleased with it all.

WHAT CAN I SAY MATE? OUTA THIS WORLD,DAZ HAS REALLY PULLED IT OFF FOR YOU,ITS A CREDIT TO YOU AND VENOM CUSTOMS!!!

Being a close mate of mine(CDMullins) he really has deserved this fine looking motor,and it definatley gets my vote! when i read old threads about people slating his progress pics off,it really p*ssed me of koz i knew that it meant the world to him, but he kept his head held high and kept at,making the 60mile round trip acouple of times per week to see how it was coming on, it was definatley worth it and now look at it....BRILLIANT!

Keep youre eye out in the mags for it,i think without adoubt this is going to be a max top100 motor!

WELL DONE MATEY AND HAVE FUN WITH IT!

P.S: To the numpty who said he would rather burn 6k than spend it on mulls motor,each to their own opinion fair enough but i really did PMSL, thanx for that,joker:p

Matt

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by MGodfrey on 21 August 2005

P.S: To the numpty who said he would rather burn 6k than spend it on mulls motor,each to their own opinion fair enough but i really did PMSL, thanx for that,joker:p

Matt
personally, if i had to choose someone make my car look like that, or burn 6k, id rather burn 6k, and im double that in debt !

all in all though im glad your happy with it mate, its took way way too long but its done now and you like it so thats that, everyone has different tastes

182 and 5 GTT

Quote: Originally posted by MGodfrey on 21 August 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">WHAT CAN I SAY MATE? OUTA THIS WORLD,DAZ HAS REALLY PULLED IT OFF FOR YOU,ITS A CREDIT TO YOU AND VENOM CUSTOMS!!! <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Being a close mate of mine(CDMullins) he really has deserved this fine looking motor,and it definatley gets my vote! when i read old threads about people slating his progress pics off,it really p*ssed me of koz i knew that it meant the world to him, but he kept his head held high and kept at,making the 60mile round trip acouple of times per week to see how it was coming on, it was definatley worth it and now look at it....BRILLIANT!<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Keep youre eye out in the mags for it,i think without adoubt this is going to be a max top100 motor!<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">WELL DONE MATEY AND HAVE FUN WITH IT!<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">P.S: To the numpty who said he would rather burn 6k than spend it on mulls motor,each to their own opinion fair enough but i really did PMSL, thanx for that,joker:p<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Matt

A top 100 motor? Nothing is original about the kit though. Im not saying it doesnt look good, not to my taste personally, but the top 100 motors are pretty much everything custom. Theres about 4 clios with that kit where i live. 6k is alot of money too spend. If CD mullins is happy with it then thats cool, but he asked for opinions and he got honest opinions from people

Sorry, not my cup of tea at all, 6k spent on it. If it were me id have rather kept the 6k in the bank, or put it towards a 172.
Plus there a few on here which look better (imo of course) which have had no where near than amount spent on them.

But if you happy with it, thats all that matters.

Nice warm welcome! Fairplay, youre right to an extent about the kit and stuff being original and personally i wouldnt have chosen that particular kit myself but i think its worked really well for him, the skirts are one off,hes chopped and belnded them in nicley, and blended some nice arches on 2,there nice custom touches,that stand out. Its the paint job that finishes it off though, really nice, IMO!

Matt

Hey, i even paid MGodfrey to say that!!!

Cheers for the positive comments, i love the car and am enjoying driving it again, gettin up today was like gettin up the day after i passed my test, just couldnt wait to get in and drive!

Its always been my ambition to make it into a magazine and i really hope it will make a feature and i will be proud to put it on the Cliosport stand and take it to as many shows as possible!!! Max Power 100 is where i want it to be!

Pics do the paint no justice, it has to be seen in the flesh!

172 M69 eater

still not sure on the front bumper or the spoiler but i have to say the rest has grown on me!

the front grill is facking class - i love it!

Clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 21 August 2005

Does anyone remember the Smash Robots from the 80s?

You beat me to it. It looks incredibly like them. I would even go so far as to change something on the front end because anyone born in the early 80s or before is gonna spot that connection a mile off.

I always feel that the huge exhausts should reflect performance and dont really go when the engines only a 1.2. Ill be more appreciative when you put the 172 engine in. Other than that I applaud the effort made and actually quite like the rest of the kit, it goes really well. One question though why didnt you buy a 172 and mod that, rather than modding a 1.2 and then engine transplanting at least the 172 would have all the performance parts already?

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Yellabowley on 21 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by cnic69 on 21 August 2005

Does anyone remember the Smash Robots from the 80s?
One question though why didnt you buy a 172 and mod that, rather than modding a 1.2 and then engine transplanting at least the 172 would have all the performance parts already?

well in the 9 years its taken to build the car his insurance premiums have fallen drastically, so now he can afford a 172 comfortably :)

Clio 182

9 years?! Bloody hell!! I hope his insurance cover protects all the mods as well. Be a nightmare waiting all that time and then be in a crash and have the insurers repair the car to standard.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Tbh i prefered it when it was gold, it looked like zippy.

Zippy would look sh*t if he was silver.