ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CDMullins- Finished Final Thread

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 22 August 2005

Tbh i prefered it when it was gold, it looked like zippy.

Zippy would look sh*t if he was silver.

can i have some of whatever your taking Tom?

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Yellabowley on 22 August 2005

9 years?! Bloody hell!! I hope his insurance cover protects all the mods as well. Be a nightmare waiting all that time and then be in a crash and have the insurers repair the car to standard.

was a joke bud..

Give it a month tops before something flexes and all that filler cracks and requires a trip to the bodyshop to fix and repaint.

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 21 August 2005

Its always been my ambition to make it into a magazine and i really hope it will make a feature and i will be proud to put it on the Cliosport stand and take it to as many shows as possible!!! Max Power 100 is where i want it to be.
Thats fair enough, if it was the top 100 cars about 5 years ago id agree with you, max power is well sh*t these days though, they only care about daft body kits & bolt on aeroplane wings.
plus none of the cars featured actually have any power any more.

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 20 August 2005

Right car is finished, i have a e-mail ready to be sent with all pics from start to finish on. There is abouth 35 pics to be posted, im am not asking for a opinion or feebackback, so unless its something positive or constructive, KEEP IT to yourself!!!

Already getting loadza attention, only things left to do are get a screen that works and get a big set of breaks,

172 engine next Dec ;)

Been along wait but certainly worth it!!!!!

When do we start taking bets?

its not to my taste really, but i can appreciate it. i have to say i really do think the angel eye lights look superb though, very supra-ish looking.

the thing with max power these days is there is so much more competition than 5 years ago. Hydraulics on their feature car are starting to become the norm these days!!!!!!!

i like your car and hope you enjoy it, may a few more tweaks and the max feature wont be far off, to get in max power these days it either A/ has to be a skyline or b/on hydraulics and have one crazy ice fibreglassed install.

good luck to you, i hope you get your feature, the thing i hate most about max power is how they are getting the "No Jap, No Good" attitude.

sorry to stray.

The reason he didnt buy a 172 and mod that is the same reason most people dont buy a 172 at a young age, and thats koza insurance :( otherwise id be blasting round in one myself!

Cat171,i suppose youve got plenty of 300bhp quad bikes round your end then?(check max p27) LOL! One thing alot of people forget is that not everyone wants to go fast, so why the need for a big engine? plus if its being used everyday,not everyone can afford to run it, especially with the insurance and extortionate petrol prices! personally im a fan of big BHP motors, and like to see a motor that can pull away quick but at the mo,being young i cant have any of that,thats why people like CD,stick to styling for the time being till the insurance drops!

Yes i do agree that max is turning more to jap motors, thats why you lot should give CD some credit(like alot already have) and want his motor up there getting the euro cars back in to max!

Matt

a few pointers....

all this bullsh*t about how much hes spent on the kit compared to how much a 172 engine conversion and insurance for it would cost is crap.

- what about running the thing after? more expensive running costs.... more expensive to maintain etc etc.

all the low tone comments....

- its his car, not urs, he didnt ask for opinions in this thread. he can do what he wants to his car.

about the selling the car side of it....

- ffs peoples, its the fun of it!!! otherwise why do it if you cared about depreciation?!?!!?
who cares if its worth less? ive spent over 20k on mine (including buying it) and its only a 1.2, do i care? hell no

jeez, u do realise that u only live once right? and u r going to die one day... that means enjoy doing what you like doing! coz u aint gonna be able to do it when your older!

its only money....

I dont want to slate it as that has already been done. But I do wonder why people do this. Maybe I am to old to understand (29!) but my interest in cars has always been towards performance. I have always liked hot hatches and probably always will as they combine performance and practicality at a reasonable cost. I had a 205gti when I was 18 so have gone through the 1750£ insurance costs and would still pay that much to drive a performance car.

Do you expect people to think this car is fast? If this is the case then you should have made it look like a renault sport clio! Is it to show off? Maybe in your local McDs car park.

Anyway with all the mention of 172s if you really give a sh*t about having a fast car whats wrong with a cheap valver to tied you over until you can afford a newer clio.

I do not know how much Winstons car cost but have a look at his thread, I maybe a bit old to understand but I can still appreciate a tastefully modded motor like his, style and performance.

1.6 focus zetec....

Ive got to give it all to CD mullins....i definatly wish that my 1.2 8v looked like that! Dont really like the dash but thats about it. On the money side....i assume that he has saved for this for a long time....i also reckon he would love to have a 2.0 or 3.0 litre car and drive round in that but im sure the insurance company wouldnt turn round and say "you pay us when youve saved enough money mate"....no they wouldnt. Ok he could of carried on saving and been able to afford it in about a years time or what ever but driving around in a standard 1.2 8v is mailto:f*@ing">f*@ing s%$t believe me! He also could have paid monthly, taken out a loan or whatever but then by some people thats seen as debt....and personally i wouldnt want to go in to debt just for a faster car. Ive had a few mates die in car crashes due to fast cars (some werent even driving the cars) and from this experience id rather keep my life and mod a 1.2 like mullins as himself.

Yes i read max power and most of the people modin their cars DONT work at maccies...they have good jobs.

For people that cant read - CD Mullins clearly stated at the start of this thread that if you have not got a good comment then keep it to yourself...people are entitled to say what they feel but please people....keep it on the nice side!

Sorry about the long essay and hope i dont upset anyone!

Kiza

172 M69 eater

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 22 August 2005

I really wunt mind if i was a big stuck on spoiler , chrome mirrors, lexus lights, stickers and a big exhaust!!!
not being funny mate but u do have a big spoiler and big exhausts?

that doesnt make it chav imo... i think its been well done, even tho its taken 4 eva!!

maybe we should jus let it lie, and support CD as hes tryin to get a feature which will get some publicity for the club?

Whether you like it or not fair play to CDMullins for having an idea and having the balls to turn that idea into reality.

There are people who do, and people who think about it and do nothing. Mullins is obviously the former.

[Edited by Mattieuk on 22 August 2005 at 8:47pm]

Mk1 16v

Do we really need another 20 page thread on his car!!

he asked for positive or constructive feedback and the slating has started again!!

Deal with it!! the car is like marmite, u either love it or hate it!! no need to talk about something u dont like is there!!

guys come on. Well done CD Mullins you have the car that is perfect for you. the club never used to be like this, personal insults are best left off the boards.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

At the end of the day if he likes his car then fair play. If he wants to spend his money on it then who has the right to tell him not to. Is his hard earned money, and he can spend it on what he likes. Unfortunatly CS is very anti-mod, so this sort of response can be expected. But CD has put a lot of effort and time into this, and he should be congratulated for that. Glad to see its finally done.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Yep, but hes been going back and forth to the body shop, and has done his homework to establish how he wants it. Hes been without his car for 7 months. So there has been some effort on his part. Obviously he didnt do the physical work, but not to many people out there who can do that themselves.

Quote: Originally posted by mcoppen on 22 August 2005

Yep, but hes been going back and forth to the body shop, and has done his homework to establish how he wants it. Hes been without his car for 7 months. So there has been some effort on his part. Obviously he didnt do the physical work, but not to many people out there who can do that thenselves.
indeed!

Punto/Clio GTT

ide have been alot more impressed if hed have attempted to have a go, to be fair i could have done the same job (ready for painting), in my back garden for about 50 quid max. say 1-1.5k for a mask and respray.

fair enough hes had patience ill give him that, if i was in his position ide have asked for my car back long time ago, took it elsewhere and took the company through high courts.

What i find amazing is that this guy posted pictures of this car on a forum and expected everyone to stay silent or say..great car...

Afraid this is a public forum and people can say pretty much what they want without going too far...

If people dont like the car then tough sh*t..why post pictures if you only think you are gonna get good feedback...some people will love the car ..other will hate it with a passion..

Me..i guess i better say..i wouldnt have spent the money on a clio

Beetle

so this thread being locked now then yeah?? good:). i think the slatings and positive comments have been done on roughly 30 pages over four threads?? the pics have finally (7 months later;)) arrived. surely this is the end of the saga???

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

i cant wait till you go to shows with it i bet ppl will not say anything like what they are saying on here.....bet all ull get is positive comments cos ppl havent got the balls to say it to your face only from behind a pc monitor....

next youll get the "ill tell him i have balls" but again they wont lol

i think hes put up with a lot of harsh comments on here, unnecessary really, i will be one of the first to admit its not my taste and i dont like it etc, but theres ways of saying it... you dont have to tell the guy you would rather burn the money :confused:... i mean, come on! comment on the things you like about it, and the rest just say, not my taste, or dont like such and such... no need to be offensive.

172, Tiguan

Frankly I couldnt go 7 months without a car so fair play to you for that - far more pacience than id ever manage.

Ill reserve judgement on the car untill I see it at a show. Not usually my cup of tea, but ill look forward to seeing it!

One wonders where the moderators were this evening?

Jon

Right, Spent the last 20 minutes house cleaning this.

CDMullins - sort out your attitude towards everyone, if they dont like it they dont like it - dont say that they are pricks if they dont love it. Not everyone on here will leave you positive feedback on your car, live with it, it doesnt make an iota of difference to you or your car?

Everyone else - any more taking the thread off topic of abuse will lead to a ban. Expressing an opinion on the guys car is different from being a t**ser.

sorry if i didnt get all of the comments deleted etc, but leave this thread be unless you want to comment on the car.

thanks.

/y0z

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio

Nice to see the it finished, really like the back end altho id have gone with a smaller spoiler, and u need to get some hi res pics to let us see the paint properly. not keen on front end, but thts just my taste. Looks pretty good tho. I personally like wide arch kits and subtle mods everywhere else.

Quote: Originally posted by Hector on 23 August 2005

i think hes put up with a lot of harsh comments on here, unnecessary really, i will be one of the first to admit its not my taste and i dont like it etc, but theres ways of saying it... you dont have to tell the guy you would rather burn the money :confused:... i mean, come on! comment on the things you like about it, and the rest just say, not my taste, or dont like such and such... no need to be offensive.
Ditto.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

im not into body kits or any of that stuff but i still think your motors mint mate. really like the colour and i bet its great seing all the people turning round and looking at it :D

quick question though, whats the insurance like with it, did you have to tell them everything? and did it go up a lot?

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 22 August 2005

- ffs peoples, its the fun of it!!! otherwise why do it if you cared about depreciation?!?!!?
who cares if its worth less? ive spent over 20k on mine (including buying it) and its only a 1.2, do i care? hell no

jeez, u do realise that u only live once right? and u r going to die one day... that means enjoy doing what you like doing! coz u aint gonna be able to do it when your older!

its only money....
amen to that, mines only a 1.2 also! but i love it, people at work always tell me - oh what the point of modding if it cant do more than 80mph? why? because i want to take pride in the way my car looks and look after it.

agreed though, i said before Max is turning jap, MORE EUROS PLEASE....

TBH the more i look at mullins car the more it appeals, i think some bigger rims will make it sing though...

[Edited by Dubs on 24 August 2005 at 10:11am]

172 Cup SOLD

personally i dont like the kit as a whole, sayin that tho the front is really nice and the paint and workmanship, from what i can see is a1!

where abouts u get the headlights from??

they the new k tec ones?

Black Clio 182

car looks like alot of hard work has gone into it. not a fan of this kit at but as long as u like it thats all that matters.

you got some more pics of the interior? how much did it cost to get ur dash smoothed? and how long?

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 22 August 2005

Give it a month tops before something flexes and all that filler cracks and requires a trip to the bodyshop to fix and repaint.

Beat me too it lol

I like the windscreen best:D

Arctic Blue Clio 182

Any bigger pics? Looks well now its finished. Not to keen on the front bumper but it still looks well altogether. All the best with it