ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking Question

Dear All

Went to my 172 this morning and the central locking has just vanished,the key fob doesnt activate it any more,the light still flashes but that is all.

I only recently have had to buy a new key fob along with the immobiliser from Renault which cost me £500,so i aint to happy.

Does anyone know why it is stopped working all of a sudden,and what can be done about it?

Ian

2005 Impreza WRX STI

try your key in the door and see if they alll unlock, if they do its a prob with keyfob/sensor. try new battery? maybe a faulty sensor?

Hello Clarkie

I cant remeber if when i try the key in the door they all unlock,but when i am in the car the door switch near the cig lighter locks them all.

I have just paid sxxtloads for a new keyfob and immobiliser senser (£500),is the c/l senser the same one has the immobiliser?

Ian

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i think its seperate mate. it sounds like your sensor is fooooked if your interior c locking is still working but not off your keyfob

Paul

Thanks for that Clarkie,there is not a cat in hells chance of me forking out again for another fXXXing renault sensor.

Soon has i can afford to get a Golf GTi the 172 is going.

Ian