ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

central locking remote control

phase 1 flamer 172
This has never worked on my daughters 1.1 s reg phase2 clio, while doing the h/gasket was no problem i dont even understand how pressing a button makes something work several feet away. Can anyone give me any pointers how to remedy this, cheers. Oh and the cars not really woth spending money on or i would just take it to a garage.

does the light work on the key when your press it?
does the certral locking button work next to the gearstick?

water used to leak on the central locking board from the aerial.
all you had to do was take the board off and clean it and it gave you a stronger signal or get it to work..

the board is up on the roof behind the light on the roof.

phase 1 flamer 172
Yes it all works on the button by the gear stick, but no i dont think anything lights up on the key fob although i dont have it here to check at the moment.

phase 1 flamer 172
Cars back and no light lighting up on the key fob so guess thats the problem,

phase 1 flamer 172
As far as i can tell , did look when replaced the battery but as i said its all foreign to me,

phase 1 flamer 172
Actually is it possible to ruin the fob by putting the battery in back to front because in all honesty my wife replaced it and wasnt sure which way it came out, but have since tried it both ways without success

if you think the board is totally fecked in the key the cheapest way to fix it would be

go to a scrap yard and get the board in the key and the board behind the light in the roof then just swap them over to your car and tadaaaa.

also you could just buy them on here from someone breaking a car:)

if you think the board is totally fecked in the key the cheapest way to fix it would be

go to a scrap yard and get the board in the key and the board behind the light in the roof then just swap them over to your car and tadaaaa.

also you could just buy them on here from someone breaking a car:)

I have the same issue as the original poster as my keyfob is knackered, I have done a fair amount of research into swapping parts out - getting hold of a ir receiver and keyfob as a matching set from another clio etc but research leads me to believe that the code sent by the keyfob is not stored in the receiver but the multi timer unit and the receiver merely receives the code and passes it onto the multi timer unit - meaning swapping the receiver would have no affect without changing the multitimer unit which of course causes lots of other fun and games. Therefore I have purchased a second hand working ir pcb and plan on de-soldering the eeprom chip from my key and soldering it onto that pcb. If I am wrong and I can just buy the ir receiver that matches the keyfob I bought (As the guy is breaking a clio and I could probably get that aswell) please let me know as it would be a lot easier than soldering such a small chip.