ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

change network but keep my number?

polo, here for lols
I am on 3 at the moment and they are crap tbh. Coming to the end of the contract and was going to change anyway because i wanted an iphone, but i can now get a HTC on 3.
Another reason for leaving is that my gf is on orange and as of next month we are going to be living 80 miles apart most of the time and orange do this magic numbers thing, so would save some money there, also can get an iphone on orange.
I have had the same number since i was 16 (21 now) so don't want to change it. What is the best way to change networks and keep your number the same. I want to avoid using phones4u etc as they have ripped me off in the past with stupidly expensive tarriffs and hidden charges, BUT they have been able to swap my number from one network to another hassle free.

On 3 i currently pay £40ish a month for 700 mins, 25 video mins (i dont use), £5.00 free downloads, unlimited text and internet (which is shite) in a samsung U900 (which is shite :sleepy:).

So from people's experience what is the easiest way to do this (yes i have googled just looking for abit more info)?

Oh and should i get a HTC or an iPhone lol

Phone up 3, and give your notice and ask for your PAC.

Then go to Orange, get your new phone and contract, and whilst setting it up, give them the PAC. You'll have a temporary number until the number is ported across to the new network.

Good luck trying to leave 3 though, they won't make it easy.

182FF with cup packs
On 3 i currently pay £40ish a month for 700 mins, 25 video mins (i dont use), £5.00 free downloads, unlimited text and internet (which is s**te) in a samsung U900 (which is s**te :sleepy:).

On Orange, for £35 a month, I get 600 any network minutes, unlimited internet, unlimited texts and a HTC Desire. (18 month contract).

If you go for a 24 month contract you can get the same for £27.50