ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Change of plans...

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm unsure of what to do with my Trophy. Cosmetically needs a bit of paint on the rear quarter to look presentable after fitting a proper trophy colour door and now having a 2 tone car. I've also got issues with the ABS, not idea how much that is going to cost. Its never going to be perfect and this is bugging me slightly.

I'm thinking about a complete change of plan, selling all the bits of and turning into a bit of a ****.

Willwoods £500 sold
Recaros £650
Exhaust £300
Wheels £700 (I've got 7 turninis with decent tyres and 2 spare PE2s)
Whiteline £130 sold
197 wheel £200
RS192 + decat £300
Top mounts £100

Stick some F1s on it, maybe some bimarco futuras and a smaller wheel.

This way i can raise some money, still have a sub 50k trophy with both belts done which owes me approx £2500.

Am i mad?

172 Cup
But if you do all the above you'll have some money but still have a "two-tone" car and issues with the ABS, which surely will still annoy you?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, but with the money raised i can then fix those issues. Its a cat d anyway, so I don't want to throw money at a car which isn't really going to increase the value.

BG 182 FF
No not totally mad but would you regret it later on? If you do sell thos bit I would be interested in the seat :)

S3, Polo
What's the issue with the ABS? Are the symptoms that it's kicking in at low-speed?

If it is, you could have a split outer CV gaiter that's spraying grease on the toothed ABS ring (reluctor ring) AND/ OR the ring itself may have failed and cracked.

Either way, drop me a PM if you need help and I could perhaps give you some pointers.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've had it on the clip diagnostics and it just says there is a fault with the ABS Computer. I've had the connector off and reseated but no joy.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Frustrating about the door Chris :(

It makes complete sense to do that mate, I would.

Is there only me who actually likes there trophy these days?

People either selling up or breaking the car.

Sad day:cry:

Look at it this way, yours should go up in value ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Its annoying, i want a perfect trophy, but this one is never going to be that. I'm only thinking of doing this because it makes sense financially.