ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changed HU now battery problems

Clio 182
Alright guys,

Fairly new to owning my clio, but had some recent issue. I bought the car on saturday and it was running great up until tuesday. It had been fitted with a dvd motorised screen thing which wasn't to my taste, so swapped it for a pioneer unit from my old car (standard iso connectors - piece of cake)... however, now the battery keeps ons dying whenever i turn engine off - there is no power to HU when ignition isn't on, so im v.confused lol

Had it at kwick fit today to check for air-con regassing and the guy tested out the battery as it died there and came back with the following readings - saying its goosed. But me being me got it jumped and took it home - always been weary of kwick-fit..dnt know why lol.

Test Result:
Voltage: 12.27
Start Capacity: 28%
BATTERY UNSERVICEABLE
410A EN >0c

^^^this means nothing to me, so hoping someone could shed some light on whether it is truely knackered and if so any reccomendations on new one?

Just seems weird that it was working perfectly fine until yesterday then a change of HU has suddenly killed the battery. I have seen multiple threads regarding this, but not many conclusions to these.

Cheers
Steven

Battery Unserviceable basically means the battery won't hold a charge.
Very low start capacity too.

As long as your battery is 410 Amps. Should be printed on the label of the battery.
If that is right, does look like your battery is had it.

Could just be a coincidence lol.

Clio 182
No evident damage to HU wiring, jumped the car and took for a spin and put the old HU back in to see if this changes anything - just to see if there may be a possible issue with the new HU, will update when i try starting it later tonight.

clio 16v
Firm chance it's your battery. Top up water from halfords n a battery charger if u have one or new battery I'm afraid pal. Only £35 from halfords if u have a trade card

172 cup,megane coupe
hi m8 i had same prob when i fitted a sony hu, i took it to shop and they joined the red and yellow together on the hu ? and it works now lol it had my head done in for a week bump starting it :(

clio 16v
hi m8 i had same prob when i fitted a sony hu, i took it to shop and they joined the red and yellow together on the hu ? and it works now lol it had my head done in for a week bump starting it :(

That was running a constant live. On the Clio isn't it a standard iso

Clio 182
As advised battery was well and truley knackered - now replaced and car's starting/running like a dream
Thanks for help/advice :)