ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Changing 172 rear pads

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Just done my fronts earlier on today and thought Id do the rears at the same time but the caliper looks much more fiddly to do. Anyone have a guide?

I can undo the top of the two 17mm boltson the side of the caliper but the bottom one seems inaccessible to either a spanner or a socket due to a bit of metal going right up to the edge of the bolt head.

I read that you need to screw the piston with a special square tool too?

Lionel Richie

na its easy, you have to knock out the wee metal thing at the bottom of the pads

no special tools needed

So how does the caliper come off then? Just with the two 17mm bolts?

In other words whats different to doing the fronts?

dont need to take the pad carrier off, just take off the rattle clips and retainer, slide them out, screw the piston in a bit and put new pads in.

Thats the bugger fUbAr!

That vertical rectangular bit underneath the right hand hole is right up against the bolt head. Couldnt get a spanner or a socket in to it. Does that just pop out or something?

take the retaining clip out of the hole (peice of wire), and slide it out (might need some help.